Have you lost your WAEC index number? Or maybe you’ve forgotten it and you don’t know how to retrieve it? Losing your WAEC index number can be very annoying and frustrating, especially when you can’t even recall the exam centre number. The most frustrating thing about losing your WAEC index number is that you can’t check your WAEC result without it.
Read Also: Is NIN Compulsory for WAEC
Without the WAEC index number candidates will not be able to access their academic records. If you’ve lost your WAEC index number, all hope is not lost. We are happy to inform you that your WAEC index number can be retrieved successfully, all you have to do is continue reading to find out how.Information Guide Nigeria
Read Also: How to Upload NECO Result on Jamb Portal
What is WAEC Index Number?
The WAEC Index Number is a 10-digit number issued by the West African Examination Council (WAEC) to candidates who wish to sit for the WASSCE private candidate’s examination at the WAEC examination hall. The WAEC index number serves as proof of eligibility for prospective candidates. The WAEC index number will be required to check the candidate’s results online, and also in performing other procedures online.
How to get the WAEC index number
The WAEC index number is only issued to candidates who have successfully competed their WAEC registration and wish to sit for the WASSCE for private candidates. To get the WAEC index number, the candidates will need to get the WAEC PIN/invoice number. After purchasing the WAEC PIN/invoice number, the index number will be issued to them on the stated date. Check the steps below to get the WAEC index number:
- Step 1: Visit the WAEC registration portalrecover WAEC index number
- Step 2: Input your WAEC PIN/invoice number in the space provided.
- Step 3: Click on “fetch index sheet” icon to access your WAEC index number
- Step 4: Now print your WAEC index number for reference purposes.JAMB Result
Note: If you’re using browsers like Firefox and Chrome, you may experience some warning messages that are considered an error. If the error message persists, click on details then visit the site to resume. If you’re unable to get access to your index number online, you can visit any WAEC office close to you and submit your examination centre number and the year you wrote the exam. Your WAEC index number will then be issued to you.
How to verify your WAEC Index Number
After following the procedures above to obtain your WAEC index number, the next step is to verify your index number. To verify your WAEC index number, follow the steps below:
- Step 1: Visit and log into the WAEC registration websiteJAMB Form
- Step 2: Input your WAEC PIN or invoice number in the blank space provided
- Step 3: Click on “fetch index sheet” icon
- Step 4: Input your name and correct date of birth into the respective areas provided
- Step 5: Now click on “continue” to access and verify your WAEC index number.
With that, you’ve successfully obtained your WAEC index number and completed the verification process. Now you can now proceed with your exam preparations.
How to check your WAEC result using your Index Number
Follow the steps below to check your WAEC result using your WAEC index number:
- Step 1: Visit the waecdirect.org portalHow to Connect NIN to Glo SIM
- Step 2: Input your 10 digit index number in the space provided
- Step 3: Select the type of examination. For example, SSCEWAEC Result
- Step 4: Select the examination year e.g. 2022How to Send NIN to 9mobile
- Step 5: Now input the WAEC scratch card serial number found on the reverse side of the card
- Step 6: Enter the 12 digit PIN on your scratch cardNpower Recruitment
- Step 7: Confirm your WAEC index number and examination year.
- Step 8: Enter your correct email address for which verification is required.
- Step 9: Click on submit and your WAEC result will be displayed after a few minutes.