The Baltic-American Freedom Foundation has provided its $60,000 Graduate Scholarships which is currently open for postgraduate nationals of Lithuania, Latvia, or Estonia to study for PhD degree in the field of all Subjects offered at any US university for the year 2019.
You can apply for this program simply by reading through this page for full details on how to process your scholarship application.
The Baltic-American Freedom Foundation is a non-profit foundation focused on research and business. Endowed by proceeds from the Baltic-American Enterprise Fund, a U.S. Government-initiated investment fund, the foundation seeks to strengthen ties between the people of the United States and the peoples of the Baltic states and is seen as a perpetual commitment of the United States to the independence, prosperity, and strength of Estonia, Latvia, and Lithuania.
The foundation provides scholarships to Baltic nationals for graduate study in the USA, internships in US companies for recent graduates and for academics to conduct independent or collaborative research projects in the U.S. The chairman of the foundation is Rozanne L. Ridgway and the foundation’s President is Kim Davis.
- Course Level: PhD Degree
- Scholarship can be taken in: Any US University
- Number of awards: Unspecified
- Nationality: For nationals of Lithuania, Latvia, or Estonia
Field of Study:
- Please be inform that the successful applicants of Baltic-American Freedom Foundation Graduate Scholarships, 2019 will receive up to $60,000 per year.
- The award includes:
- Participant round-trip airfare
- Emergency health insurance for the entire stay in the U.S.
- J-1 visa sponsorship
- Monthly stipend to cover:
- Personal expenses
- Local transportation
- Family allowance, if applicable
- Approved U.S. conference attendance
- The candidates applying for Baltic-American Freedom Foundation Graduate Scholarship, 2019 should be nationals of Lithuania, Latvia, Estonia.
- The applicants should be accepted to a postgraduate program at an accredited university in the US.
- The candidates should not have any immediate family members who are BAFF employees or BAFF Advisory Board or Board members.
- The applicants should return to their home country for at least two years post scholarship.
- The candidates applying for Baltic-American Freedom Foundation Graduate Scholarship, 2019 should submit a curriculum vitae, a passport-sized photo, and an acceptance letter from receiving institution.
- The applicants should also submit a personal statement not more than 1000 words explaining their career goals, areas of professional interest, ad why they chose the university and the program.
- The candidates should submit an academic and a professional recommendation letter, copies of current university transcripts and diplomas, and cost of attendance from the receiving university.
- The applicants for Baltic-American Freedom Foundation Graduate Scholarship, 2019 are assessed based on their future contribution to the home country, leadership skills, and self-motivation.
- The candidates are also evaluated based on attending top business schools, science or technology programs of high quality, and the ability to serve as a cultural ambassador to the U.S.
Closing Date for Applications:
- Please note that the last date to apply for Baltic-American Freedom Foundation Graduate Scholarships, 2019 is 2nd April 2019.