Full Funding CAS-TWAS President’s PhD Fellowship Programme for International Students at Selected University in China, 2019
The World Academy of Sciences (TWAS) has provided her full funding CAS-TWAS President’s PhD Fellowship Programme which is currently open for international students to study for PhD degree in the field of Sciences, Engineering and Medicine offered at the University of Science and Technology of China, Chinese Academy of Sciences for the year 2019.
You can apply for this program simply by reading through this page for full details on how to process your scholarship application.
The World Academy of Sciences, until 2004 named Third World Academy of Sciences and TWAS, the academy of sciences for the developing world before September 2012, is a merit-based science academy uniting 1,000 scientists in some 70 countries. Its principal aim is to promote scientific capacity and excellence for sustainable development in the South (see North-South divide).
Its headquarters are located on the premises of the Abdus Salam International Centre for Theoretical Physics (ICTP) in Trieste, Italy. TWAS was founded in 1983 under the leadership of the Nobel Laureate Abdus Salam of Pakistan by a group of distinguished scientists who were determined to do something about the dismal state of scientific research in developing countries.
Also Read: CAD 4,500 to CAD 6,500 Undergraduate Research Award for all Nationalities at University of Ontario Institute of Technology in Canada, 2019
- Course Level: PhD Degree
- Scholarship can be taken in: University of Science and Technology of China, Chinese Academy of Sciences
- Number of awards: Unspecified
- Nationality: For international students
Field of Study:
Sciences, Engineering and Medicine
- Tuition fee waiver.
- Application fee waiver.
- Monthly stipend of RMB 7,000 or RMB 8,000.
- Have at least an MSc degree before 1st September 2019.
- Maximum of 35 years old at 31st December 2019.
- Not have Chinese citizenship.
- Applied for a doctoral program at one of the eligible institute.
- Return to the home country after completion of fellowship programme.
- Satisfy the English (IELTS or TOEFL) and Chinese language requirement.
- Passport with at least two years validity.
- Curriculum Vitae (CV).
- Original copy of all university certificates.
- IELTS or TOEFL scorecard or Chinese language test score.
- Copy of bachelor’s or master’s transcripts.
- Research Proposal.
- Copy of Academic papers.
- Physical Examination form.
- Two Letters of Recommendations.
Closing Date for Applications:
- Please note that the last date to apply for CAS-TWAS President’s Ph.D. Fellowship Programme is 31st March 2019.
Methods of Applying
CLICK HERE TO VISIT THE OFFICIAL WEBSITE FOR DETAILED INFORMATION ON HOW TO APPLY FOR THIS SCHOLARSHIP
Also Read: International Education Fee Scholarship for Undergraduate and Postgraduate Students at University of Houston in US, 2019