Consultant Job at Women and Youths Empowerment Initiative (WOYEIN)
Apply for Consultant Job at Women and Youths Empowerment Initiative 2021. See the job descriptions, eligibility, and how to apply. WOYEIN is seeking the services of both graduates and experienced job seekers to fill the vacant position in their organization.
Women and Youths Empowerment Initiative (WOYEIN) is a non-governmental, non-profit oriented and non-political organization based in Yobe State, of Nigeria. Established in 2005 and registered in 2010 with a target beneficiaries constituting the most vulnerable group in the Society; ( women, youths, The poor, needy, orphans, less privileged, widows, lDPs and the physically challenged). Our beneficiaries equally lack the capacity to initiate any meaningful socioeconomic activities that can lead to personal development, thus they become victims and prey to involvement in crimes/criminal activities.
WOYEIN is therefore constantly here to promote effective and sustainable programs that will uplift and support beneficiaries to participate in all aspects of life development.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Consultant – Training to Build the Capacity of Community / Religious Leaders on GBV Issues, Related International Standards and Guidelines, and National Legal Guidance
Location: Gashua, Bade LGA, Yobe
Employment Type: Contract
Contracting Agency: Women and Youth Empowerment Initiatives in Nigeria, (WOYEIN) in Partnership with CARE International in Nigeria.
Duration: 3 days
- Incidents of Gender Based Violence (GBV) in Nigeria have escalated dramatically with the insurgency in the northeast. North-East Nigeria has witnessed an increase in violence since the beginning of 2015, causing a major humanitarian crisis. More than two million individuals have been displaced because of the intensification of attacks by on-going military operations and non-state armed groups. As a result, humanitarian protection and assistance needs have grown exponentially albeit with commendable response efforts from both national and international actors. Women and Youths Empowerment Initiative
- In 2020, covid-19 pandemic has presented key challenges with displacement context with increased risk of domestic violence intimate partner violence and sexual exploitation and abuse, in addition to and resulting from loss of income and household stress; as well as barriers to help-seeking options for survivors. 99% of the reported incidents of GBV affected women and girls, while survivors with disability made 2% of reported incidents of GBV. Of all the reported incidents, 79% were perpetrated against adults.
- Physical assault at 27%, denial of resources at 27%, and Psychological/emotional abuse at 19% ranked comparatively among the incidents for which survivors sought help. Sexual violence (rape and sexual assault) accounted for 17% of the total incidents reported and forced marriage was at 10%. While rape accounted for 15% of all sexual violence cases, in 22% of the incidents help was sought within 0-3days, and after one month in 68% of the cases. 21% of reported incidents were perpetrated towards children-on average 1 in every 5 reports were from children.
- Out of all cases reported by children, unaccompanied and separated children made 29%. 48% of the incidents reported by child survivors was an incident of sexual violence (either rape or sexual assault). 29% of the incidents reported by child survivors was an incident of forced, early marriage). 69%, that is 3 in 5 reported incidents of GBV were perpetrated in the context of Intimate Partner Violence (IPV). The month of May 2020 particularly registered an increase of 8% in divorces/separated survivors reporting incidents of GBV; 4% increase in incidents occurring in the context of IPV, while increase in the number of incidents occurring in the survivor’s residence by …> 3%.
- Therefore, to strengthen the institutional capacity of the community stakeholders, WOYEIN, in Partnership with CARE Nigeria is supporting capacity development of the community leadership and religious leaders, on GBV International guidelines to ensure effective prevention of and response to violence against women and girls in Yobe, WOYEIN in collaboration with CARE, and with funding from United State Government through the department of states, will organize a three-day training to build the capacity of community stakeholders/Religious Leaders on GBV cases as per IASC norms and standards.
Objective of the Assignment
- The overall aim is to improve the knowledge of the community key stakeholders on GBV Prevention and response and in addition be able to provide life-saving services to survivors of GBV in Nguru and Yusufari LGAs of Yobe State.
- A training will be conducted with the aim of imparting the participants with operational knowledge and understanding of international practices on GBV, prevention and response services. At the end of the training, the participants from the different agencies should be equipped with GBV knowledge within their communities as well as support in developing structures that will prevent GBV within their community.
Scope of Work and Key Task
- The consultant expert will be responsible for the planning, development of module and conduct of the three-day workshop for the community stakeholders, and Religious Leaders. The training should be practical and based on case studies and practical exercises from across the region. It is expected that the workshop will provide participants with knowledge and skills on at least, but not exclusive to, the following three main sessions:
- Ensure all participants remain focused on the tenets that all components in a multidimensional mission must strive to achieve. These include communication, coordination, cooperation, and consensus among all participants.
- Facilitate lecture activities and syndicate discussions and where appropriate, provide additional guidance and examples on gender issues and dimensions.
- Engage training participants in conversation during breaks and social activities about various experiences in gender dimensions in Nguru and Yusufari LGAs of Yobe state.
- Hold a debrief session with the direct project staff daily and after the training to review sessions to analyze training progress and offer suggestions to improve the Course content and conduct for current and future GBV training.
- Assessment of Participants’ performance during the course.
- Plenary and breakout sessions of all participants for deployment in an integrated and multidimensional way.
- Building networks among different components for smooth training.
- Pre-training evaluation.
- Post-training evaluation.
- Detailed training reports.
Contract Conditions and Payment:
- The consultancy is deliverable-based, and the fees shall be paid by the WOYEIN upon successful completion of the assigned Module and submission of reports.
Management & Reporting:
- The Facilitator shall work under the direct supervision of WOYEN with technical support from CARE International. The Course timetable shall be prepared together with the Consultant upon successful engagement.
Duration and Venue:
- The conduct of the course shall be for 3 days, from 20th- 22nd September 2021. The Facilitators will stay for the number of days assigned to the module in the Course timetable and shall be involved in the discussion panels. The venue for the training will be Gashua which is central for participants from Both Nguru and Yusufari LGAs.
Required Skills and Experience
Qualification and Experience:
The preferred candidates in this consultancy must possess at least:
- A first Degree in Social Sciences or Humanities preferably Peace and Conflict, Political Science, Psychology, Law, International Relations or its equivalent.
- Candidates must also possess at least 5 years cognate experience in training and facilitation of protection related courses in general with bias for gender dimensions.
- A minimum of 5 years experience of workings in GBV/Protection sector.
- Other experiences include excellent knowledge of international guidelines of gender programming in Humanitarian/development contexts especially in North-East Region.
See Other Related Jobs:
- Embassy of Italy Recruitment
- AIM Consultants Limited Recruitment
- FMARD Recruitment
- NPower Recruitment Batch C Stream 1
- Demonstrates integrity by modelling the upright values and ethical standards
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability
- Treats all people fairly without favoritism
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills
Excellent Interpersonal Skills:
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude
- Demonstrates strong oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrates capacity to communicate effectively; capacity to plan and organize trainings effectively
- Demonstrates resourcefulness, initiative, and mature judgment
- Excellent facilitation and modeling skills.
Application Closing Date
3rd September, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Proposal / Expression of interest to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail. Note: The proposal should include a budget, as well as other supporting documents if any. Links to Apply: https://infoguidenigeria.com/consultant-job-at-women-and-youths-empowerment-initiative-woyein/