The Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO) has provided its $17,000 CSIRO Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Postgraduate Scholarships which is currently open for Australians of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander Descent to study for Masters, PhD degree in the field of STEM programs at CSIRO Research Centres in Australia for the year 2019.
You can apply for this program simply by reading through this page for full details on how to process your scholarship application.
The Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO) is the federal government agency for scientific research in Australia. Its chief role is to improve the economic and social performance of industry, for the benefit of the community. CSIRO works with leading organisations around the world, and CSIRO Publishing issues journals with the latest research by leading scientists on a broad range of subjects.
- Course Level: Masters, PhD Degree
- Scholarship can be taken in: CSIRO Research Centres in Australia
- Number of awards: Unspecified
- Nationality: For Australians of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander descent
Field of Study:
- Please be inform that the successful applicants of CSIRO Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Postgraduate Scholarships in Australia, 2019 will receive:
- Top-up Scholarship of $7,000 per year.
- An operating budget of $10,000 per year.
- Candidates must be Australian citizens or permanent resident of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander descent.
- Applicants must hold an Undergraduate degree in higher science degree at an Australian University.
- Successful candidates must make use of the scholarship fund to travel abroad and conduct research overseas.
- Be enrolled at an Australian university.
- Be a recipient of one of the following:
- an Australian Postgraduate Award (APA).
- a Centrelink education scheme payment.
- a university scholarship or equivalent.
- Applicants are expected to submit a written report on their research abroad with three months of their return to Australia.
- Successful candidates will have a chance to give a short speech at a CSIRO Alumni meeting.
Closing Date for Applications:
- Please note that the last date to apply for CSIRO Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Postgraduate Scholarships in Australia, 2019 is 30th June 2019.