The Royal Geographical Society has provided its £500 to £2,000 Dudley Stamp Memorial Award which is currently open for postgraduate students of all nationalities to study for PhD, Post Doc degree in the field of Geography at UK Higher Education Institution in UK for the year 2019.
You can apply for this program simply by reading through this page for full details on how to process your scholarship application.
The Royal Geographical Society (with the Institute of British Geographers) is the UK’s learned society and professional body for geography, founded in 1830 for the advancement of geographical sciences. Today, it is the leading centre for geographers and geographical learning. The Society has over 16,500 members and its work reaches millions of people each year through publications, research groups and lectures.
- Course Level: PhD, Post Doc Degree
- Scholarship can be taken in: UK Higher Education institution
- Number of awards: Unspecified
- Nationality: For all nationalities
Field of Study:
- Please be inform that the successful applicants of Royal Geographical Society – Dudley Stamp Memorial Award in UK, 2019 will receive an award of an amount between £500 and £2,000.
- Dudley Stamp Memorial Award is open to applicants of all nationalities.
- Candidates must be registered for a full or part-time Ph.D. at Higher Education institution in the UK.
- Applicants employed by a UK HEI within six years of completion of a doctoral degree are also welcome.
- Candidates registered on MPhil or other Masters courses are not eligible for the award.
- The awards support geographical fieldwork or data collection in the UK or overseas.
- Preference will be given to students who do not receive full funding from a Research Council or comparable levels of support from other sources with support for fieldwork/data.
- Preference will also be given to those who have not received this support before.
- Applications should be submitted by email to the Society’s Grants Officer (firstname.lastname@example.org) by 23 November. This deadline will be strictly enforced.
- Applications must contain the following information: Name, affiliation and full contact details (please include an email address), the year of commencement of the postgraduate course and the intended completion date, title and short abstract of the project (max 100 words)
- Applicants should send a detailed CV.
- Two referee statements.
Closing Date for Applications:
- Please note that that the last date to apply for Royal Geographical Society – Dudley Stamp Memorial Award in UK, 2019 is 23th November 2019.