The European Committee for Treatment and Research in Multiple Sclerosis (ECTRIMS) has provided her €55,000/Annum Stipend ECTRIMS Postdoctoral Research Fellowship Exchange Programme which is currently open for recipients of all nationalities to study for Post Doc degree in the field of Multiple Sclerosis offered by Institutions in Europe for the year 2019.
You can apply for this program simply by reading through this page for full details on how to process your scholarship application.
The European Committee for Treatment and Research in Multiple Sclerosis (ECTRIMS) is an independent representative European-wide organisation devoted to multiple sclerosis (MS). And its mission is to facilitate communication, create synergies, and promote and enhance research and learning among professionals for the ultimate benefit of people affected by MS.
ECTRIMS works with researchers and clinicians of its member countries and with other organisations that share similar missions and objectives on a worldwide scale, creating networking and collaboration opportunities. The ultimate goal of ECTRIMS is to improve basic and clinical research and clinical outcomes in MS.
- Course Level: Post Doc Degree
- Scholarship can be taken in: Institutions in Europe
- Number of awards: Unspecified
- Nationality: For all nationalities
Field of Study:
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Please be inform that the fellowship will provide an annual stipend of €55,000 for all fellows.
- The stipend is intended to accommodate living wages to the fellow; no cost-of-living increase is expected in the second year of a two-year fellowship period.
- Healthcare benefits and other benefits are expected to be provided by the host institution.
- It is expected that the actual research to be undertaken at the host institution will be supported by the host institution/mentor
- Scientists and physicians who hold or are candidates for an MD, Ph.D., ScD or equivalent professional degree are eligible.
- Candidates must have received their advanced degree(s) prior to initiation of the fellowship.
- At the time of application, fellows should have no more than one year of prior postdoctoral training at the same host institution/mentor. More senior candidates may have no more than 5 years total of postdoctoral experience beyond their final degree (Ph.D., MD, ScD or equivalent) at the time of application.
- In general, successful applicants will be less than 40 years of age at the time of application; exceptions under special circumstances will be considered.
- Citizens of any country are eligible to apply to this programme; however, postdoctoral research training must be undertaken in a European laboratory or clinic.
Duration of award(s):
- Fellowships of 1 or 2 years duration will be available.
- Fellowships of shorter duration than 1 year will be considered only under special circumstances, which must be detailed in the application process.
- In most circumstances, fellowships will be initiated to coincide with the fall academic year initiation.
ECTRIMS Research Fellowships will be awarded in a competitive review process conducted by members of the ECTRIMS Research Fellowship Review Committee. Applications will be evaluated based on the:
- candidate qualifications, educational history, and evaluation of career plan
- qualifications and characteristics of the proposed fellowship mentor and host institution
- the proposed research plan, including assessment of the scientific quality, innovation, perceived feasibility, quality of letters of endorsement from the proposed mentor and from referees at the fellow’s home institution, etc.
Closing Date for Applications:
- Please note that the last date to apply for the ECTRIMS Postdoctoral Research Fellowship Exchange Programme in Europe is 31st March 2019.
Please Note: That the ECTRIMS Fellowship Review Committee will review all proposals during the early winter of each year; notification of the review outcomes will be made by March 15 of each year, to facilitate logistics involved in relocation by the following fall of each academic year.
Methods of Applying
CLICK HERE TO VISIT THE OFFICIAL WEBSITE FOR DETAILED INFORMATION ON HOW TO APPLY FOR THIS SCHOLARSHIP
Also Read: Master Mind Scholarships Fellowship Programme for All Nationalities, Except Students Having Graduated or Currently Enrolled in a Flemish Higher Education Institution at Vrije Universiteit Brussel in Belgium , 2019