If you are interested in the recruitment of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, and asking when the application form will be out, what the requirements are, the nature of the application process and then looking for the application guide plus the success tips, relax and continue reading because we have got you covered in this post.
What You Should Know About the NNPC
The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC is a Law Enforcement Agency in Nigeria established in 2003 by then President, Chief Olusegun Obasanjo and backed by the EFCC Act of 2004. The mandate of EFCC is to investigate and prosecute individuals and organisations including government officials and agencies for financial crimes such as money laundering. The agency is headquartered in Abuja and is currently headed by Muhammed Umar Abba, Acting Executive chairman. The statutory role of EFCC according to its mission statement is to rid Nigeria of economic and financial crimes and to effectively coordinate the domestic effort of the global fight against money laundering and terrorist financing. Others roles of the agency include its specialist jurisdiction over;
- Serious and complex fraud, commercial crimes and frauds covering multiple lower jurisdictions
- Counter terrorism operations
- Special weapons operations
- Protection of internationally protected persons, other Very Important Persons (VIPs) and state property of significant.
See Also: NAFDAC Recruitment
Career Overview at EFCC
To have a career with the EFCC, you have to be aware that the agency’s operations are of very sensitive nature as clearly stated on its website. Thus, applicants are subjected to stringent background investigation which they must pass before they can join the service. The EFCC is structured into different departments namely:
- Operations Department which is the hub of all investigative activities of the commission and headed by Director of operations
- Directorate of Legal and Public Prosecution which processes and pursue all the charges and court cases of the commission
- Public Affairs Department which is further structured into the following units: Enlightenment and Re-orientation unit, Media and Publicity unit, Public Interface Unit and Media Academy
- Financial Intelligence Unit: further segmented into Legal/Research Cooperation, Strategic Analysis, Monitoring and Analysis, ICT and Administration. The unit is headed by a Director of Finance who also doubles as the Chief Accounting Officer of the commission assisted by heads of units.
See Also: Nigerian Air Force Recruitment
EFCC Recruitment Process
According to the EFCC website, the commission initiates like stated before an intensive background investigation that you must pass before you join the service. That follows the interview which you must pass as well. After which you receive a conditional offer of employment. The recruitment process also involves:
- Rigorous medical examination
- Verification of all employment documents
- A test for illegal drug
- Credit and records check
- Extensive interviews with former and current colleagues, teachers, business associates, neighbours, friends etc.
The EFCC recruitment categories are as follows: graduates cadre, Diploma cadre and SSCE cadre.
See Also: NNPC Recruitment
Ranks of EFCC Officers
The EFCC ranking System is different from other law enforcement agencies in Nigeria. It is a mixture of 3 ranks and 6 divisions as follows:
- Detective Superintendent (DS)
- Detective Inspector (DI)
- Detective Assistant Cadet (DAC)
The 6 Divisions are:
- Administrative Division
- capacity Development Division
- Research and Publication Division
- Networking and Collaboration Division
- Certificate Courses Division
- Cadets Division
See Also: NDLEA Recruitment
EFCC Salary Structure
Unlike other Law Enforcement Agencies, salary structure for EFCC staff is based on levels of seniority in the service, years of service and qualification. Therefore:
- A Detective Superintendent who has put in 10 years and above in the service earns N245, 000
- Deputy Superintendent N201, 000
- Graduate/Detective Assistant N149,000
- The lowest ranking staff earns N47,000
Is EFCC Recruitment Portal Open?
Although the application portal of the EFCC is currently closed as announced by the commission on its website, from time to time the agency conducts recruitment exercises to fill in vacant positions as occasion demands. The positions usually advertise are: Graduate Detective Superintendents, Detective Assistants and Detective Inspectors with up to 20 slots for each state of the federation.
See Also: Nigerian Army Recruitment
EFCC Recruitment Requirements
All interested candidates applying for the EFCC must:
- Have three (3) credits including English and Mathematics in WAEC/NECO OR GCE in no more than 2 sitting
- Be Nigerian by birth
- Have a valid means of identification e.g. International Passport, National Identity card, Driver’s License, Voter’s Card etc.
- Possess a birth Certificate
- Present academic credentials i.e. B.Sc./HND degrees and other relevant qualifications
- Be mentally and physically fit
- Have excellent communication and computer skills
- Be free of abnormalities and deferment
- Be free of debt/criminal case
- Not be pregnant if female
- Not be above 29 years old
- Be single
See Also: Dangote Recruitment
How to Apply for EFCC Recruitment
If you are interested in the EFCC recruitment exercise follow the steps below:
Ensure that you meet the basic requirements and proceed to EFCC office in your zone i.e. any EFCC office near your place of residence, obtain the application form, fill and submit it within the stipulated time frame.
Stay updated for the shortlisting as you are required to participate in the mandatory screening and documents verification exercise.
Success Tips for EFCC Application Process
Apply within the stipulated time
Make sure you don’t submit falsified documents as it will mean automatic disqualification if you are found out
Arrive exam venue early
See Also: NIMC Recruitment
In the article above, we have covered all the necessary information our readers and the general audience may need about the recruitment processes, requirements, application guide, and knowledge of the commission’s operation, career overview, salary structure, ranks and success tips for successful application.
Although the recruitment exercise of the EFCC is not currently open as the agency is concluding the latest recruitment process where applicants are awaiting shortlisting, we promise to keep you updated as soon as the next application forms are out.
We also promise to keep you in the know about whether the NNPC is currently recruiting among other interesting things about your desired or prospective place of work.