Are you looking for internship in Robbinsville New Jersey? If yes, you are in the right place. Apply for ongoing EHS Specialist Intern at Amazon, Robbinsville, NJ Summer 2019. See job description, eligibility and how to apply.
Company – Amazon.com Services, Inc.
Job ID: A702419
- Computer Software
- Information Technology & Services
This role is a 10 week internship starting in the summer of 2019.
Amazon is looking for high-potential leaders, who are ready to own their impact in Amazon Operations as an Environmental Health and Safety Specialist (EHSS) Intern. An EHSS Intern promotes a positive safety culture while complying with Amazon safety standards and maintaining a safe work environment while coordinating and implementing all areas of the Amazon Global Safety Program as directed by the safety leadership. This includes conducting trainings and coaching associates on observed work habits.
The EHSS Intern will have the opportunity to own their impact and is required to maintain accurate daily, weekly, and monthly metrics to report to onsite management teams and corporate based reporting systems. The EHSS Intern supports management’s efforts to ensure compliance with all corporate Safety Program expectations and applicable federal & state laws. The EHSS Intern also conducts risk assessments related to jobs performed (Job Hazard Analysis) and new equipment introductions. In addition, the EHSS Intern is responsible for recommending appropriate risk mitigation measures to management, including ergonomics.
EHS Intern Responsibilities
- Identify and inform management of compliance issues, safety risks, and improvement opportunities through the conduct of daily, weekly, and monthly audits
- Facilitate incident investigation process
- Maintain required paperwork to comply with Amazon and OSHA regulations
- Enter Safety Incident Information in internal database in a timely manner
- Perform safety observations & audits
- Train and assist others (Area Managers, safety team members, etc.) to complete their safety responsibilities (Audits, Follow Safety Rules, etc.)
- Perform specific safety training as required by the Safety Manager
- May have additional responsibility for fire prevention, hazardous waste management, or other safety related activities depending on the business unit and location
- Participate in process improvement activities and manage actions to completion
Essential Skills, Knowledge And Experience
- Ability to communicate health and safety needs to all levels of the organization
- Calm demeanor in emergency situations
- Ability to work weekends, holidays, and/or overnight shifts
- Ability to work overtime both in peak season and as needed
Program Quick Facts & Locations:
- The position is NOT a corporate role and will be located in a Fulfillment Center, Sort Center, Delivery Station, or other warehouse environment
- Must be willing to relocate at time of hire (position location is most heavily weighted on business need but will also take into account individual location preference)
- Term: 10 weeks during the summer of 2018
- Benefits: Competitive Salary, Relocation and Housing Assistance
- Opportunity: An offer for full time employment may be given after the internship
- Locations are nationwide
Must be able to perform the following tasks, with or without reasonable accommodation:
- Stand/walk for up to 12 hours
- Walk in/and around the warehouse with great frequency; many facilities are over a quarter mile in length
- Access all areas of building (ascending and descending ladders, stairs, and gangways safely and without limitation)
- Regularly bend, lift, stretch and reach both below the waist and above the head
- Lift and move items up to 49 pounds
- A driver’s license is strongly recommended due to the remote nature of many internship locations
- Currently working towards a bachelor’s degree with a graduation date between December 2019 and June 2020
- Working towards Safety related degree such as Occupational Health & Safety, Health & Safety Management, and Environmental Health & Safety
- Knowledge of OSHA regulations specifically 29 CFR 191
- Strong communication, teamwork, analysis, judgment, and customer focus skills
- Ability to analyze accident data, new processes, and machinery for potential safety concerns and conduct job hazard and job safety analyses
- Experienced with OSHA regulations (specifically 29 CFR 1910), and Worker’s Compensation case management.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality in matters involving security and/or personnel issues.
- Enjoy analytical work and using data to provide thought-provoking and workable solutions. Data is what you look to when given a problem to solve.
- Ability to thrive in an ambiguous environment.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should click here to apply.