In this post, I will show you how to set up a go fund me account for someone else. Follow these tips to create Go Fund Me account and raise donations for someone you love or care about.
How to set up a Go Fund Me account for someone else
To raise money for someone else, you’ll want to first make sure that your beneficiary is qualified to withdraw funds in the country and the currency that you signed up with. To withdraw, they will need to be at least 18 years of age, located in a supported country, and capable of providing the following:
- A bank account in your country
- A physical address in that country
- A phone number in that country
- A Tax ID in that country (or driver’s license number in Australia)
- A government-issued ID
How to invite someone to withdraw
If you’ve finished creating your personal campaign and are ready to set up someone else to withdraw, simply click “Withdraw” on your GoFundMe dashboard to begin the set up of your withdrawals.
If you select “Someone Else,” you can enter your beneficiary’s name and email to send them a beneficiary invitation. Once they accept the invitation, they’ll have sole access to withdraw donations. A separate beneficiary account will be created for them. They can sign into this separate account and withdraw via bank transfer. Bank transfers take 2-5 business days to arrive.
To edit or re-enter your banking information, simply follow these steps:
- Sign in to your GoFundMe.
- Find your “Withdraw” button.
- Select “View withdrawal overview”
- Select the pencil to the right of “Bank information”
- Add your new account information and select “Confirm” to complete the change.
Your GoFundMe page will also reflect that you are raising funds on behalf of your beneficiary once the invite has been sent.
Note: If you have already withdrawn some of the funds, this option will not appear. Please contact our team to find out how to best handle your situation if you need to change where the funds are going after withdrawals have started.
See Also: Are Go Fund Me contributions tax deductible?
All other EU countries, and Australian accounts created before October 8th, 2018 (Stripe):
You will not be able to invite someone else to withdraw from GoFundMe directly. Instead, you will need to do one of the following:
- Withdraw the funds personally, and deliver them to your beneficiary outside of GoFundMe
- Verify your identity using all of your own personal information when setting up the account. If your beneficiary is comfortable, you can then simply add their bank information instead of your own. All funds will then be sent to their account automatically moving forward.
If you have any questions or don’t see the options you are expecting, please contact our team so we can help ensure that your account is set up properly.