The management of the West African Examination Council (WAEC) has released the results of the candidates who took part in its 2022/2023 Junior WAEC examination. The Junior WAEC examination is conducted for candidates in their third/final year of junior secondary school (Jss3). After sitting for the Junior WAEC examination, the next step is to check how well you performed in the examination. The process involved in checking your Junior WAEC result is easy and simple. You can check it yourself easily without needing the help of any professional. Are you ready to check your performance in the just concluded junior WAEC examination? Then follow the instructions below.Information Guide Nigeria
Read Also: 11 Tips on How to pass WAEC in one sitting
How to check your Junior WAEC result
To check your junior WAEC (BECE) result, you will be required to purchase a result token from the National Examination Council (NECO). The token will enable you to check and print your result statement. To check and print your junior WAEC (BECE) result, follow the steps below:
- Step 1: Visit the NECO result portal https://result.neco.gov.ng/
- Step 2: Purchase the junior WAEC (BECE) result token. You can purchase the token online and pay via the REMITA platform. You can also purchase the token at the NECO or WAEC office near you.
- Step 3: Navigate to the exam type section and select the Basic Education Certificate ResultJunior WAEC result after Jss3 Exam
- Step 4: Select the examination year e.g. 2022
- Step 5: Type in the PIN or Token. If you got the result checking card, scratch the card to see the TokenHow to Check MTN Bonus Balance
- Step 6: Enter your examination number in the space provided
- Step 7: Click on “Check Result”
After following the steps above, your junior WAEC (BECE) result will be displayed on the screen.JAMB Form
Note: Each Token can only be used for a particular candidate’s result, and you are given a specific number of views for each token. The token is sold at a price of N500 + N50 service charge.
Read Also: How to Complain to WAEC and be heard
How to print your Junior WAEC (BECE) result
After checking your result in the NECO portal, the next step is to print it out for future purposes. Follow the procedures below to print your junior WAEC result.
- Step 1: Follow the procedures outlined above to view the result
- Step 2: Once the result is displayed on the screen, connect a printing machine to your computer or smartphone
- Step 3: Press Ctrl P on your keyboard, or click on “print’ on your computer or smartphone.How to Send NIN to 9mobile
- Step 4: If you’re using a smartphone, you use the download option to download the result in pdf format and visit a cyber café to print it.
Read Also: How to join WAEC group on WhatsApp
The Junior WAEC (BECE) Grading System
The junior WAEC (BECE) grading system is divided into 5 sections. These 5 sections determine the performance of the student during the junior WAEC examination. The grading system for the junior WAEC examination is as follows:JAMB Result
- A – Distinction
- B – Upper CreditWAEC Result
- C – Lower Credit
- P – Pass
- F – Fail
Read Also: Is NIN Compulsory for WAEC
Note: All Government-owned Junior Secondary Schools can proceed to collect their school’s junior WAEC (BECE) results from their district headquarters. While all registered and approved Private Junior Secondary Schools should proceed to collect their schools result from their respective Liaison officers. In addition, all principals of approved private junior secondary schools that took part in the examination should visit the Board Head office.
Read Also: How to upload WAEC in JAMB Portal
Has this article been helpful? Then don’t hesitate to share it with your friends and loved ones. You never can tell who might require this information. To share on Facebook, Twitter, and WhatsApp simply tap on the share button below. Also, feel free to ask us any questions you may have about the Junior WAEC examination, we look forward to hearing from you.