The United Nations University has provided its JPY 120,000/Month Japan Foundation for United Nations University Scholarship which is currently open for postgraduate applicant from developing countries to study for PhD degree in the field of Sustainability Science offered by the university for the year 2019.
You can apply for this program simply by reading through this page for full details on how to process your scholarship application.
The United Nations University (UNU), established in 1973, is the academic and research arm of the United Nations. It is headquartered in Tokyo, Japan, with diplomatic status as a UN institution. Since 2010, UNU has been authorized by the UN General Assembly to grant degrees. It also provides a bridge between the UN and the international academic, policy-making and private sector communities.
- Course Level: PhD Degree
- Scholarship can be taken in: United Nations University
- Number of awards: Unspecified
- Nationality: For applicant from developing countries
Field of Study:
- Please be inform that the recipient of Japan Foundation for United Nations University Scholarship – Sustainability Science will get a monthly allowance of JPY 120,000 which covers living allowances of the applicant for a duration of 36 months.
- Applicants of Japan Foundation for UNU (JFUNU) Scholarship, Sustainability Science 2019 from developing countries are eligible.
- The candidates should have a strong interest in sustainability studies.
- Should demonstrate a commitment to study and understand global issues.
- Should have completed Master’s degree in disciplines related to sustainability studies.
- A minimum of 2 years of practical field experience related to UNU-IAS research themes is required or should have two completed Master’s degrees, out of which one must be in disciplines related to sustainability studies.
- Candidates receiving a second Master’s degree before the entrance period can also apply.
- Applicants must have a GPA of 3.5 or above on a 4.0 scale in at least one of the Master’s degrees earned.
- Communication skills are taken into consideration and the candidate should be scoring 600 in TOEFL(PBT), 100 in TOEFL(IBT) or 7.0 in IELTS.
Closing Date for Applications:
- Please note that the last date to apply for Ph.D. in Sustainability Science at United Nation University is 19th April 2019.