The University of Sheffield in UK has provided its 2019 Japan Merit Scholarships which is currently open for Japan’s undergraduate and postgraduate students to study for Bachelors, Masters, PhD degree in the field of all subjects offered by the university.
You can apply for this program simply by reading through this page for full details on how to process your scholarship application.
The University of Sheffield is a public research university in Sheffield, South Yorkshire, England. It received its royal charter in 1905 as successor to the University College of Sheffield, which was established in 1897 by the merger of Sheffield Medical School (founded in 1828), Firth College (1879) and Sheffield Technical School (1884).
- Course Level: Bachelors, Masters, PhD Degree
- Scholarship can be taken in: University of Sheffield
- Number of awards: Unspecified
- Nationality: For students of Japan
Field of Study:
- Please be inform that the successful applicants of the University of Sheffield – Japan Merit Scholarships in UK, 2019 will receive:
- Undergraduate students: Up to 50% tuition fee waiver.
- Postgraduate students: Up to 25% tuition fee waiver.
Eligibility for Undergraduate Scholarships:
- To be eligible for the scholarships applicants must be self-funding and classed as ‘overseas’ for fee purposes and a national of or permanently domiciled in Japan.
- Students must apply for a study place by Friday 15 April 2019 and hold an offer of a study place for entry in September 2019.
Eligibility for Postgraduate Scholarships:
- Must hold an offer of a study place and begin your postgraduate Taught Masters programme in September 2019.
- Must be a national or permanently domiciled in Japan.
- Must be self-funded and classified as overseas for fee purposes.
- The scholarships will be awarded automatically – no application is required.
- The scholarships will take the form of a tuition fee reduction only.
- The scholarships are for full-time and part-time students only. Students studying via Distance Learning are not eligible for the scholarships.
- Part-time students will receive the full value of a one year of scholarship split pro-rata over the duration of an equivalent single full-time academic year.
Closing Date for Applications:
- Please note that the deadline for the sending your application is Deadline varies.