The German Academic Scholarship Foundation (Studienstiftung des deutschen Volkes) has provided her Partial Funding Leo Baeck Fellowship Programme which is currently open for PhD students of all nationalities to study for PhD degree in the field of History and culture of Central European Jewry offered at any university in the world for the year 2019.
You can apply for this program simply by reading through this page for full details on how to process your scholarship application.
The German Academic Scholarship Foundation is Germany’s largest, oldest and most prestigious scholarship foundation. In line with its statutes, it supports “the university education of young people who, on account of their exceptional academic or artistic talents and their personalities, can be expected to make an outstanding contribution to society as a whole”. The Studienstiftung is non-political, non-denominational and ideologically independent.
- Course Level: PhD Degree
- Scholarship can be taken in: Any university in the world
- Number of awards: Unspecified
- Nationality: For all nationalities
Field of Study:
History and culture of Central European Jewry
- Please be inform that the recipients of Leo Baeck Fellowship Programme, 2019 get
- a stipend of 1,350 EUR per month
- a research allowance of 100 EUR per month.
- Tuition fee outside Germany up to EUR 10,000.
- Travel allowances.
- The tuition fees will not be covered under Leo Baeck Fellowship Programme, 2019.
- The applicants for the Leo Baeck Fellowship Programme, 2019 can be of any nationality.
- The candidates applying for German Academic Scholarship Foundation-Leo Baeck Fellowship Programme, 2019 should be studying at any university.
- The applicants are expected to have a university degree with outstanding marks.
- The candidate’s latest degree should not be before February 2015.
- The applicants should submit a research project focusing on the history and culture of Central European Jewry.
- The candidates should have formal qualification for doctoral studies.
Documents required for Partial funded Fellowship programme:
- The applicants for Leo Baeck Fellowship Programme, 2019 are required to submit curriculum vitae including education details, language skills, and general interests.
- The candidates should submit two recommendation letters out of which one should be from Ph.D. project’s supervisor.
- Research proposal not exceeding 5 pages and the research schedule should also be submitted.
- The applicants have to submit a cover letter mentioning the motivation for participation in 1 page and university degree’s photocopy.
Closing Date for Applications:
- Please note that the last date to apply for German Academic Scholarship Foundation-Leo Baeck Fellowship Programme is 1st February 2019.