Jobs in Lansing, Michigan 2019 – Apply for the 2019 Summer MBA / Master’s Internship at U.S. Bank – Lansing, MI. See job details, requirements and how to apply.
Seniority Level: Entry level
Industry: Information Technology & Services Banking Financial Services
Employment Type: Internship
Job Functions: Other
2019 Summer MBA / Master’s Internship at U.S. Bank – Lansing, MI – Job description
Looking for an MBA/Master’s level internship where you’ll really make a difference? Apply at U.S. Bank.
What You’ll Do
Our competitive 10-week paid MBA/Master’s level internship is an unparalleled opportunity to develop as a leader while sharpening your analytical skills. The aim of our MBA/Master’s level program is to engage and prepare high potential talent for strategic leadership within our organization. The projects that you drive during the summer will be tailored to your interests and will strategically affect change at our company. You will also have the chance to develop a deeper understanding of our culture and core values through customized programming including senior executive interactions, diversity training, professional development workshops, community business treks and volunteer opportunities.
We’re looking for goal-oriented people who thrive in a fast-paced team environment and are eager to apply their problem-solving skills to real business challenges. We empower employees to transform their skills, interests and connections into meaningful, collaborative solutions that work for the good of all of our stakeholders – our colleagues, customers and communities.
Why U.S. Bank?
At U.S. Bank, we’re passionate about helping customers and the communities where we live and work. The fifth largest bank in the United States, we’re one of the country’s most respected, innovative and successful financial institutions.
Join a team of more than 74,000 employees in 28 states and eight countries, all committed to doing the right thing, making smart changes and collaborating for the good of our customers, communities, and other stakeholders – and especially for the good of one another. But don’t just take our word for it – we’ve been recognized by the Ethisphere Institute as a 2018 World’s Most Ethical Company® for four years running.
We deliver consistent, predictable and repeatable financial performance year after year. Our employees’ innovative ideas, collaborative energy and spirit of lifelong learning make it happen.
- Research business questions and perform statistical analysis
- Assess data sets utilizing descriptive analytics and predictive analytics techniques
- Develop decision trees, regression, logistic regression and clustering data models
- Review analysis and challenge assumptions and techniques
- Communicate findings and recommendations to risk management teams
Skills & Qualifications
- Pursuing a Master’s level degree, preferably in Business Analytics, Mathematics, Statistics, or a related analytical field
- Experience gathering, transforming, analyzing, and reporting data utilizing advanced analytical techniques
- Experience coding in various languages and software packages (SAS, SQL, Python, R) to explore data and perform analytical analysis on large, disparate and complex data
- Effective written and verbal communication skills within a business context
- Ability to think and work independently with a professional demeanor and receive dynamic on-the-job training
- Indisputable work ethic with a hands-on approach defined by a strong intellect, professional charisma, leadership skills, resiliency, and a track record of proven results
- Preferred experience and expertise in data science within the finance or banking industries
Explore your career possibilities at U.S. Bank and join a company that’s as passionate as you are about helping our customers meet their goals and making a difference in the communities we live and work. Our industry-leading financial performance, innovative spirit and best-in-class reputation empower employees to succeed. U.S. Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors.
Primary Location: United States
Shift: 1st – Daytime
Average Hours Per Week: 40
Requisition ID: 180033444
How to Apply
Suitably qualified applicants should click here to apply.