This past question is compiled according to schools, culled from the past questions of the schools.
Please note that this past question and answer does not mean that the questions below are what you will see during your NOUN Measurement and Evaluation exam this year. As it is with NOUN Measurement and Evaluation some questions may be repeated or REPRASED. The essence of this is to help you know the kind of questions your school set so you can prepare well ahead of the screening exam.
How is NOUN Measurement and Evaluation Past Questions Patterned?
It is 100% theory format and We have made it very easy for you. we bring all the questions for many years and put them together but we indicate the specific years for all questions. We provide the correct answers in order to save your time. All you need to do is to devote quality time to study the Past Questions and watch yourself change the narrative by scoring better.
Why you need a past questions
1. You figure out the popular topics:
There are some topics that NOUN or any other exam body will tend to prefer more than others for thoroughly testing candidates. Even though, the noun syllabus for instance, contains all the topics of interest, there will still be those topics that are high on the list with questions. By paying more attention to the popular topics, you will set yourself steps ahead in your preparation.
2. You become familiar with the pattern:
This is similar to figuring out the popular topics. NOUNS have some patterns of setting exam questions. This is not something they publicly announce or dish out to you after registering. It is suspected that in exam, they more likely randomly select their questions from a database of thousands of questions in a such a way that two candidates sitting next to each other are guaranteed of seeing different questions.
Nevertheless, revision works best when you practice what you will be doing in the exam. The past questions indicate some NOUN trends and patterns or repeated questions giving you some insight into the main topics and possible forms of questions. You can take some of the model exams using our noun practice platform to get a quick sense of some of the trends.
3. You reduce some exam tension:
Those that study past questions for any exam usually know that questions can sometimes be repeated from the same topic in a different year, with only a change in sentence, figure or option. You can come to a state of self-preparedness when you attempt as many past questions as possible before sitting for any exam.
If you study past questions, you will get a sense what to expect from NOUN in various topics and this will build your self-confidence for the exam. Candidates who experience a lot of exam tension do so because they have not studied enough past questions and become comfortable with the nature of the exam.
Sample NOUN Past Questions and Answers
COURSE TITLE: MEASUREMENT AND EVALUATION TIME: 2 HOURS
INSTRUCTION: ANSWER QUESTION ONE AND ANY OTHER TWO QUESTIONS.
1. (a) Measurement involves assigning of numbers to events, traits or objects one wants to measure. Briefly explain any FOUR measurement scales that you know
(8 marks) (b) (i) Differentiate between item difficulty and item discrimination
(ii) The total number of testees that got an item correct was 28 and total number of testees that responded to the item was 40. What is the item difficulty index? Interpret your result. (8 marks)
(c) Subjectivity is the greatest disadvantage of essay test. Discuss any FIVE ways you can reduce this to barest minimum (10 marks)
1. (a) Learners use their memories to retain and recall what they have studied.
List EIGHT ways by which you can classify memory. (8 marks)
(b) What a teacher tests in classroom is not only cognitive-based but also affective inclined.
(i) Give THREE examples of objective test items that can be used to measure learning outcomes in the affective domain (6 marks) (ii) Discuss the categories of ‘receiving’ and ‘valuing’ levels of affective
domain. (6 marks)
3. (a) Differentiate between ‘matching’ and ‘true-false’ objective test items. (6 marks)
Classroom testing is inappropriate when it is done without adequate planning.
Discuss any SEVEN steps that are necessary for preparing a classroom objective
4. (a) (i) Define test interpretation (4 marks)
(ii) Briefly discuss any THREE types of norms you know with particular
How to Buy
7 Tips to Prepare for NOUN Exams
- Don’t make reading your hobby: A lot of people put reading as a hobby in their CV, they might be right because they have finished schooling. But “You” are still schooling, so reading should be in top priority and not as a hobby. Read far and wide to enhance your level of aptitude
- Get Exams Preparation Materials: These involve textbooks, dictionaries, post utme Past Questions, mock questions, and others. These materials will enhance your mastering of the scope of the exams you are expecting.
- Attend Extramural Classes: Register and attend extramural classes at your location. This class will not only help you refresh your memory but will boast your classroom understanding and discoveries of new knowledge.
- Sleep when you feel like: When you are preparing for any exams, sleeping is very important because it helps in the consolidation of memory. Caution: Only sleep when you feel like it and don’t oversleep.
- Make sure you are healthy: Sickness can cause excessive feelings of tiredness and fatigue and will not allow you to concentrate on reading. If you are feeling as if you are not well, report to your parent, a nurse or a doctor. Make sure you are well. Pounds to Naira
- Eat when you feel like: During the exam preparation period, you are advised not to overeat, so as to avoid sleep. You need to eat little and light food whenever you feel like eating. Eat more of fruits, drink milk and glucose. This will help you to enhance retention.
- Reduce your time in social media: Some people live their entire life on Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp, Messenger chat. This is so bad and catastrophic if you are preparing for exams. Try and reduce your time spent on social media during this time. Maybe after the exams, you can go back and sleep in it.
If you like these tips, consider sharing them with your friends and relatives. Do you have a question or comments? Put it on the comment form below. We will be pleased to hear from you and help you to score as high as possible.
We wish you good luck