The University of the West Indies in the Caribbean has provided her full funding Open Scholarship which is currently open for High/Secondary school and undergraduate students of selected countries to study for High/Secondary School, Bachelors degree in the field of any courses offered by the University for the year 2019.
You can apply for this program simply by reading through this page for full details on how to process your scholarship application.
The University of the West Indies is a public university system serving 18 English-speaking countries and territories in the Caribbean:
- Antigua and Barbuda
- The Bahamas
- British Virgin Islands
- Cayman Islands
- St. Kitts and Nevis
- St. Lucia
- St. Vincent and the Grenadines
- Trinidad and Tobago
- Turks and Caicos Islands
- Course Level: High/Secondary School, Bachelors Degree
- Scholarship can be taken in: University of the West Indies
- Number of awards: Unspecified
- Nationality: For selected countries
Field of Study:
Any courses offered by the University
- Please be inform that the recipient of the scholarship will covers tuition fees along with residence costs and contributions to books and meals.
- Students who are applying for any UWI undergraduate degree program offered at any campus are eligible for The UWI Open Scholarship, 2019.
- Students applying for The UWI Open Scholarship, 2019 must not hold an undergraduate degree.
- Candidates must be national citizen of one of the countries: Anguilla, Antigua & Barbuda, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Bermuda, British Virgin Islands, Cayman Islands, Dominica, Grenada, Jamaica, Montserrat, St. Kitts & Nevis, St. Lucia, St. Vincent & the Grenadines, Trinidad & Tobago, Turks & Caicos. Citizenship proof is also required.
- Candidates applying must have a
- minimum of 8 subjects at the Caribbean Examinations Council (CSEC) level including Mathematics and English A with Grades 1 or 2;
- minimum of 6 Units of CAPE including Communication Studies and Caribbean Studies, at the Caribbean Advanced Proficiency Examinations (CAPE) Units l and/or ll;
- or equivalent at GCE O / A Levels with grades 1 or 2.
- Students must have received an associate degree from a community or state college with a minimum Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.6.
- Students applying must have finished their first year of a UWI undergraduate degree program study with a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.6.
- Applicants must submit a personal essay of 500 words that briefs their career aspirations, community involvement, and co-curricular activities, the reason for the choice of degree program.
- Students must provide evidence of leadership positions at the school, university.
- Candidates must submit two letters of reference, of which one must be from an academic referee who must have known the applicant for a minimum of two years attesting to the applicant’s academic ability and potential, demonstrated leadership qualities, and character.
Closing Date for Applications:
- Please note that the last date to apply for The University of West Indies Open Scholarship is 30th April 2019.