The University of Toronto in Canada has provided her full funding Petro Jacyk Visiting Scholars Program which is currently open for all nationalities to study for Conferences & Travel Grants degree.
In the field of this focus includes state- and institution- building in Ukraine; law and governance; problems of democratization; education, culture and identity of the nation and ethnic groups in Ukraine; history and the imperial past; and foreign policy and international relations offered at the University for the year 2019-20.
You can apply for this program simply by reading through this page for full details on how to process your scholarship application.
The University of Toronto is a public research university in Toronto, Ontario, Canada, situated on the grounds that surround Queen’s Park. It was founded by royal charter in 1827 as King’s College, the first institution of higher learning in the colony of Upper Canada.
Originally controlled by the Church of England, the university assumed the present name in 1850 upon becoming a secular institution. As a collegiate university, it comprises twelve colleges, which differ in character and history, each with substantial autonomy on financial and institutional affairs. It has two satellite campuses in Scarborough and Mississauga.
- Course Level: Conferences & Travel Grants
- Scholarship can be taken in: University of Toronto
- Number of awards: Unspecified
- Nationality: For all nationalities
Field of Study:
- This focus includes state- and institution- building in Ukraine; law and governance; problems of democratization; education, culture and identity of the nation and ethnic groups in Ukraine; history and the imperial past; and foreign policy and international relations.
- The recipients of this Program will get CAD 1,200 for lowest round-trip economy airfare, CAD 55 per day up to CAD 3,080 for 56 full days towards allowances.
- The candidates applying for Petro Jacyk Visiting Scholars Program, 2019-20 can be scholars at all stages of their careers including recent Ph.D. or kandydat nauk degree recipients.
- The applicants should be working in the fields of social sciences and humanities.
- The advanced doctoral students can also apply.
- The candidates whose work relates to its thematic focus “Challenges of Independent Ukraine” are welcome to apply.
- The applicants are required to have strong English knowledge.
- The candidates must meet the requirements for entering Canada as set by Citizenship and Immigration Canada.
- The applicants for Petro Jacyk Visiting Scholars Program, 2019-20 should submit a curriculum vitae and two letters of reference.
- The candidates must also submit a research proposal description in two pages.
- The referees should e-mail their letters directly to the given e-mail address.
- The applicants should indicate their proposed length of stay and the starting date of the program in the cover letter.
- Completed applications along with 2 confidential letters of reference with curriculum vitae for enrolling to Petro Jacyk Visiting Scholars Program.
- 2-page description of their research proposal.
Closing Date for Applications:
- Please note that the applicant’s documents must be received by the authorities before 1st February 2019.
Methods of Applying