Apply for the current Project Manager Jobs at Starbucks – Seattle, WA. See job description, responsibilities, requirements and how to apply.
Job Position: senior project manager, Business Intelligence & Data Services Team, Information Technology
Job Number: 180009762
Location: US-WA-Seattle-Starbucks Support Center
Starbucks – Technology
Industry: Consumer Goods, Food & Beverages, Retail
Employment Type: Full-time
Job Functions: Information Technology, Engineering
Project Manager Jobs at Starbucks – Seattle, WA – Job description
Job Summary And Mission
This position contributes to Starbucks success by managing a portion of the technology portfolio with focus on our business intelligence and data services team. In this role, you will lead high performing, cross-functional teams for Starbucks Technology, enabling project execution and delivery.
As a sr. project manager, you will focus on the overall success of the projects you manage. In this role, you will negotiate for resources, liaise with external and internal vendors, sponsors and clients on project related matters, delivering new capabilities for our business teams and customers with quality. This role requires close partnership with technology and business stakeholders, enabling collaboration on project planning, execution and delivery.
You will provide professional guidance and leadership to your project teams to realize the strategic business vision and desired results. The project manager leads multiple projects within business intelligence portfolio in accordance with established project management best practices. The relationships will include functional analysts, developers, quality assurance, infrastructure engineers, architects, security engineers, managers, directors, project, program managers and our business sponsors.
You are detail-oriented, driven and exhibit excellent problem solving and project management skills. You are passionate about delivering extensible solutions with quality and on-time. You provide a keen focus on your customers; identifying and enabling continuous process improvements.
Our ideal candidate will have prior experience leading and enabling solutions for business intelligence, data services, data exchanges and cloud.
Summary Of Key Responsibilities for Project Manager Jobs at Starbucks – Seattle, WA
- Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Provide tactical and strategic leadership, planning and day-to-day management of one or more cross-functional projects within the technology portfolio.
- Develop a deep understanding of the projects within the program and the broader technology portfolio; managing assigned projects with a clear understanding of business and technology context, developing a deep understanding of cross-program portfolio synergies and dependencies.
- Lead high performing, cross-functional and potentially, globally distributed teams.
- Work independently, without the need for day-to-day guidance.
- Perform core project management duties, including guiding the project through formal approval and funding gates; developing a project plan that includes a detailed budget, project timeline, detailed task-driven schedule, project RACI, resource plan, communication plan and managing project execution from analysis/design through build, test, and deploy
- When leading an Agile project, partner closely with the scrum master and product owners to support and enable process
- Ensure that project status reports and quarterly updates are relevant, transparent and add value.
- Partner with relevant technology and business hiring managers to ensure that the project has the resources and skillsets required for delivery.
- Monitors project execution to ensure that key milestones and financial parameters are met and that projects are delivered effectively to achieve the overall goals and objectives
- Optimizes financial, human and other resource allocations between projects and ensures effective resource utilization across the project portfolio.
- Oversees the financial well-being of the project by analyzing cost effectiveness and exercising cost controls. Develops and monitors the project budget and works with various business units to secure funding for projects, as needed
Summary Of Experience needed for Project Manager Jobs at Starbucks – Seattle, WA
- 5+ years managing complex, large-scale projects, including all elements of scope, time, cost, quality, risk, integration, procurement, human resources, communications and budget management within a technology environment
- 5+ years working across functional areas and teams, both technology and business
- 5+ years as a senior project manager in technology or a software development setting
- 4+ years with requirements gathering and analysis
- 3+ years with scrum and agile exposure and leadership
Required Knowledge, Skills And Abilities
- Experience with technology projects within fast-paced, enterprise technology organization
- Excellent written and verbal communications, proven ability to develop and deliver presentations geared for all levels of the organization
- Strong interpersonal communication skills and proven experience managing teams in highly matrixed organizations
- PMP, PgMP or Scrum Master Certifications are a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in information systems (or related study) or commensurate experience
- Experience leading complex projects from initial justification through completion utilizing Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) Waterfall and Agile methodologies
- Advanced knowledge of project management principles: scope, schedule, quality, expense forecasting and budget management; defining team roles & responsibilities; driving issue resolution and mitigating risk; influencing, negotiation and change agent skills; procurement and vendor management oversight
- Project management soft skills, with the ability to lead diverse teams and coach others in complex situations and scenarios.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills including Visio, Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Microsoft Project Professional and Microsoft SharePoint.
- Experienced with Project Portfolio Management tools such as Microsoft Project
- Strong analytical & problem-solving skills
- Global implementation experience preferred
- Demonstrated experience and focus on leadership and continuous improvement of systems, software and processes
- Able to independently operate and lead through ambiguity in a fast-paced environment.
Leadership And Communication
- Lead by example with confidence, positive attitude, patience, honesty, integrity, and a strong sense of commitment.
- Lead and engage in difficult conversations that result in positive, actionable outcomes;
- Lead and navigate complex and diverse landscapes effectively; building and leading high performing project teams
- Lead and set expectations and hold individuals and team members accountable to their commitments.
- Drive decision-making that favors compromise and alignment over consensus-building.
- Excellent facilitation, written and verbal communication skills with the ability to adapt approach to different types of engagements.
- Focused on servant leadership and enabling your customers and teams
How to Apply for Project Manager Jobs at Starbucks – Seattle, WA
Interested applicants should click here to apply.
Related job: Plant Logistics Specialist Jobs at Starbucks