The BOKU – University of Natural Resources and Life Sciences in Austria has provided her EUR 22,000 BioToP International PhD Scholarships which is currently open for citizens of all nationality to study for degree in the field of Structure-function analysis, engineering and design of proteins, protein synthesis, targeting and post-translational modifications, expression systems and cell factories and bioinformatics and molecular modeling offered at the institution for the year 2019.
You can apply for this program simply by reading through this page for full details on how to process your scholarship application.
The University of Natural Resources and Life Sciences, Vienna, or simply BOKU founded by the Austrian Empire in 1872, is “an education and research centre for renewable resources” in Vienna. It is a member of the Euro-league for Life Sciences (ELLS) university network. There are currently around 13,000 students from over 100 countries enrolled at BOKU.
Also Read: 2019 International Undergraduate Merit Scholarship for International Students (non EU) at University of Sheffield in UK
- Course Level: PhD Degree
- Scholarship can be taken in: BOKU – University of Natural Resources and Life Sciences
- Number of awards: Unspecified
- Nationality: For citizens of all nationality
Field of Study:
- Structure-function analysis, engineering and design of proteins, protein synthesis, targeting and post-translational modifications, expression systems and cell factories and bioinformatics and molecular modeling.
- Please be inform that PhD students admitted to the BioToP PhD programme will have regular employment with full social security coverage.
- The applicants of BioToP International PhD Scholarships in Austria, 2019 will receive funding according to the salary scheme of the Austrian Science Fund (net annual income after deduction of tax and social insurance approx. € 22,000).
- Furthermore, students will receive financial support for participation at International Conferences and for research stays abroad in collaborating international institutions.
- Applicants must hold an undergraduate degree equivalent to a master (corresponding to 300 ECTS) which would qualify them to start a PhD thesis in their home country. Candidates who have not yet obtained their degree will be accepted if they will finish their studies latest by the end of August 2019.
- Applicants with only a bachelor degree (B.S.) or similar are not eligible.
- There is no strict age limit, however, applicants should not be older than 30 years by the time applying for BioToP. In case there are special circumstances to be considered, please specify them.
- PhD students applying for a wet-lab research project must have a master degree in biological sciences, biotechnology, chemistry, medicine or closely related subjects. The corresponding curriculum and the diploma or master thesis have to include experimental investigations in one of these fields.
- PhD students applying for a dry-lab research project must have a master degree in a technical or scientific discipline. The corresponding curriculum and the diploma or master thesis have to bear evidence of modeling or data analysis work.
- Applicants must be fluent in written and spoken English.
- Students who have started their PhD thesis in one of the participating laboratories more than 6 months before the call for applications are not entitled to apply for BioToP positions or join BioToP as external students.
Closing Date for Applications: