The Gerda Henkel Stiftung has provided her partial funding Gerda Henkel Foundation Research Scholarships which is currently open for postgraduate students of all nationalities to study for Post Doc degree in the field of Archaeology, Historical Sciences, Prehistory and Early History, History of Science, Historical Islamic Studies, History of Art, History of Law offered at Institutions in Germany for the year 2019.
You can apply for this program simply by reading through this page for full details on how to process your scholarship application.
Gerda Henkel Stiftung was established in June 1976 by Lisa Maskell in memory of her mother, Gerda Henkel. Its mission is to foster research in the historical humanities, focusing on the support of academic projects and PhD fellowships, primarily in the fields of history, art history, archaeology and history of Islam.
The advancement of young scholars is a special interest of the Foundation. For a number of years, the Foundation has also increasingly addressed issues of great relevance to contemporary life and the future, above all as part of its special programmes “Islam, the Modern Nation State and Transnational Movements” and “Security, Society and the State”.
- Course Level: Post Doc Degree
- Scholarship can be taken in: Institutions in Germany
- Number of awards: Unspecified
- Nationality: For all nationalities
Field of Study:
- Archaeology, Historical Sciences, Prehistory and Early History, History of Science, Historical Islamic Studies, History of Art, History of Law
- Please be inform that the successful applicants of Gerda Henkel Foundation Research Scholarships in Germany, 2019 will receive EUR 2000 for Postdocs & EUR 2700 for after Postdocs.
- The recipient may be eligible for travel and other material expenses.
- The scholarships are open to Post-doctoral students of all nationalities.
- The academic excellence of the candidates is taken into consideration and highly qualified applicants are preferred.
- Candidates applying should be from subject areas related to Archaeology, Historical Sciences, Historical Islamic Studies, History of Art, History of Law, Prehistory and Early History, History of Science.
- The scholarship will be provided for up to 2 years.
- The candidate should submit a completed application form.
- The CV in tabular form should be submitted in a maximum of 8 pages.
- Should include the work and time schedule. Necessary travel to archives, museums and libraries should also be mentioned.
- A statement should be submitted on expected travel and material costs.
- Certificates of Master’s degree, seminar certificates shall be submitted.
Closing Date for Applications:
- Please note that the last date to apply for Gerda Henkel Foundation Research Scholarships in Germany, 2019 is 12th June 2019.