The British Council has provided its £2,000 IELTS Scholarship Scheme which is currently open for undergraduate and postgraduate citizens and residents of Sri Lanka to study for Bachelors, Masters degree in the field of various subjects offered at Higher Education Institutes in the UK, US, Canada, Australia, and New Zealand for the year 2019-20.
You can apply for this program simply by reading through this page for full details on how to process your scholarship application.
The British Council is a British organisation specialising in international educational and cultural opportunities. It is registered as a charity both in England and Wales and Scotland. Founded in 1934 as the British Committee for Relations with Other Countries, and granted a royal charter by King George VI in 1940, the British Council was inspired by Sir Reginald (“Rex”) Leeper’s recognition of the importance of “cultural propaganda” in promoting British interests.
Its “sponsoring department” within the United Kingdom Government is the Foreign and Commonwealth Office, although it has day-to-day operational independence. Sir CiarÃ¡n Devane is its chief executive; he was appointed in July 2014 from Macmillan Cancer and replaced Sir Martin Davidson in January 2015.
- Course Level: Bachelors, Masters Degree
- Scholarship can be taken in: Higher education institutes in the UK, US, Canada, Australia, and New Zealand
- Number of awards: Unspecified
- Nationality: For citizens and residents of Sri Lanka
Field of Study:
- Please be inform that the successful applicants of British Council – IELTS Scholarship Scheme, 2019-20 will receive:
- Bachelor’s student – GBP 1,000.
- Master’s student – GBP 2,000.
- The candidates applying for IELTS Scholarship Scheme 2019 should be residents and citizens of Sri Lanka.
- The scholarship is open to all applicants who have taken test between 19th May 2019 and 26th May 2019 (iBT) or 18th May 2019 (paper-based) with the British Council.
- The candidates must have an IELTS overall band score of 6 or above.
- The applicants should be 18 years of age or above.
- The candidates are required to be applying for undergraduate and postgraduate studies abroad.
- The applicants for IELTS Scholarship Scheme 2019 must have an offer letter from a recognized higher education institute which accepts IELTS as part of its admission criteria in the UK, US, Australia, Canada, or New Zealand.
- University offer letter
- Copy of your IELTS Test report form
- Your CV
- Copies of academic certificates
Closing Date for Applications: