The Japanese Association of University Women (JAUW) has provided her ¥500,000 to ¥1,000,000 International Fellowships which is currently open for female PhD, Post Doc citizens of all nationalities (except Japan) to study for PhD, Post Doc degree in the field of any subject offered at any research institution in Japan for the year 2019.
You can apply for this program simply by reading through this page for full details on how to process your scholarship application.
Japanese Association of University Women (JAUW), established in 1946, is a member ofIFUW; the world’s leading organization for women. JAUW shares IFUW’s mission together with its 50+ member associations around the globe.
- to improve the status of women and girls
- to promote life-long education
- to enable women graduates to use their expertise to effect change
JAUW is committed to:
- improving higher education for women
- promoting gender equality in the society
- advocating world peace and international understanding
- consolidated voice on social issues, especially for women and girls
- fellowships/awards for women and girls to continue their education
- support for women and girls in different parts of the world
- networking with women who have common purposes and interests
- Mentorship via lectures for the next-generation, female leaders
Also Read: 2019 Cameron Scholarship for Postgraduate Students of All Nationalities at University of Edinburgh in UK
- Course Level: PhD, Post Doc Degree
- Scholarship can be taken in: Any research institution in Japan
- Number of awards: Unspecified
- Nationality: For female citizens of all nationalities (Except Japan)
Field of Study:
- Please be inform that the recipient of JAUW International fellowship will get an amount between ¥500,000 to ¥1,000,000 covering the cost of stay and transport of the applicant.
- The applicants for JAUW International Fellowship Program, 2019 can be women of any nationality other than Japan.
- The candidates should have a master’s degree or its equivalent.
- The applicants should be currently working outside academia or be a researcher or student higher than MA or its equivalent level.
- The postdoctoral researchers will be placed lower in priority
- The candidates are required to find the host university or institution by themselves.
- The grant will be offered for 5 to 6 months between September 2019 and March 2020, depending on their proposal.
- The successful candidates should be engaged in the proposed study/research, submit a report of 500 to 700 word at the end of the funding period, and make a presentation of the above report.
- The applicants for JAUW International Fellowship Program, 2019 should submit 5 copies of each part 1 and part 2 of the application form.
- Three recommendation letters should be submitted by the candidates.
- An acceptance letter from the host supervisor should be submitted.
- The candidates should also submit a medical certificate and a 3.5 cm X 4.5 cm photo on part 1 of the application form.
- The applicants should also submit a research proposal explaining why they have come to stay in Japan and how will they contribute to their home country.
Closing Date for Applications: