The Boehringer Ingelheim Fonds (BIF) has provided her partial funding PhD Fellowships in Biomedicine which is currently open for European citizens and non-European citizens to study for PhD degree in the field of Biomedicine offered at any internationally leading laboratory for the year 2019.
You can apply for this program simply by reading through this page for full details on how to process your scholarship application.
The Boehringer Ingelheim Fonds (BIF) is a public foundation – an independent, non-profit organization for the exclusive and direct promotion of basic research in biomedicine. We support up-and-coming junior scientists whose research projects experimentally elucidate the basic phenomena of human life and organize two International Titisee Conferences per year.
We are convinced that great scientific ideas and developments need a stimulating context, freedom, and a sound financial fundamental. At BIF, we do our best to provide all these for our fellows in our programmes.
- Course Level: PhD Degree
- Scholarship can be taken in: Any internationally leading laboratory
- Number of awards: Unspecified
- Nationality: For European citizens working in Europe or overseas, and to non-European citizens pursuing their PhD project in Europe
Field of Study:
- Please be inform that the recipients get a competitive monthly stipend for 2 years and can be extended up to another 12 months.
- Also the recipients’ participation in international conferences will be supported.
- The candidates applying for Ph.D. Fellowships in Biomedicine, 2019 should be European students working overseas or in Europe or non-European citizens pursuing Ph.D. in Europe.
- The applicants should not be more than 27 years old at the deadline.
- The candidates who have not received their MSc certificates can apply only if they can provide their certificates within 4 months after the deadline.
- The applicants who are pharmacists, veterinary surgeons, or physicians should have passed the state examinations.
- The applicants should not work on their projects for more than 6 months at the deadline.
- The candidates can apply for the fellowship at the beginning of their Ph.D. project.
- The beginning of the project is the final examination date on the official certificate, the month of arrival at the laboratory.
- The candidates applying for Ph.D. Fellowships in Biomedicine, 2019 are assessed based on their achievements like grades.
- The applicants are also evaluated on the basis of the scientific quality of the proposed project and the laboratory’s scientific standard.
- The applicants for Ph.D. Fellowships in Biomedicine, 2019 should submit title and summary of the project not exceeding 1400 characters.
- The candidates should submit a detailed presentation of the project, a summary of the final thesis in bachelors or master’s or diploma.
- The applicants should also provide a publications list, academic transcripts, and recommendation letters.
Closing Date for Applications:
Click here to apply for job vacancies in nigeria