Apply for the current $1,000 Undergraduate Secular Student Volunteerism Scholarship at University of Central Florida 2017. See the scholarship details, eligibility and how to apply.
- Must be full-time student (Undergraduate at least 12 credit hours and Graduate and Post Baccalaureate at least 9 hours)
- Must be a member in good standing of the Secular Student Alliance at UCF
- Must have at least 15 service hours documented during the semester at a 501©3 charitable organization and include a description of volunteer activity (such as “sorted food donations” or “hosted registration table for cancer walker”). Hours must be documented in Knigh Connect.
*Applicants will compose a statement (250 to 1000 words) on why it is important for Secular Americans to engage in to engage in volunteerism or on the experience of volunteering as a secular individual
Note1: Essays may be shared by local Humanist blogs and by national organizations such as the Foundation Beyond Belief. Author will have the option to remain anonymous in the public postings.
Note2: Only one award per year
Note3: This is intended as a book scholarship but will be paid through Financial Aid. Graduating seniors will still receive the award based upon their last term of attendance.
Note4: There will be two awards provided, one for $1,000 and one for $500
Scholarship Values: One at $1,000 and one at $500
Application Deadline: 12/02/2017
- Are you a member in good standing of the Secular Student Alliance at UCF
- Have you completed at least 15 service hours that are documented in KnightConnect during the Fall 2017 Semester?
- If possible, please upload verification of at least 15 service hours from KnightConnect.
- In the space provided, please submit a brief statement (250 to 1000 words) on why it is important for Secular Americans to engage in volunteerism or on the experience of volunteering as a secular individual
How to Apply
Eligible applicants should click here to enroll.