The College Of Wooster is offering its Partial Funding Scottish Arts Scholarship which is however open to undergraduate in all nationalities to study for Bachelors degree in the field of Music offered by the institution.
You can apply for this program simply by reading through this page for full details on how to process your scholarship application.
The College of Wooster is a private liberal arts college primarily known for its emphasis on mentored undergraduate research. It enrolls approximately 2,000 students, and is located in Wooster, Ohio, United States, approximately 95 miles (153 km) northeast of Columbus.
Founded in 1866 by the Presbyterian Church as the University of Wooster, it was from its creation a co-educational institution. The school is a member of The Five Colleges of Ohio and the Great Lakes Colleges Association. As of April 30, 2015, Wooster’s endowment stood at approximately $274 million.
- Course Level: Bachelors Degree
- Scholarship can be taken in: The College Of Wooster
- Number of awards: Unspecified
- Nationality: For all nationalities
Field of Study:
- Partial Funding, scholarship
- The College of Wooster is offering scholarships in arts to first-year students on the basis of music performance skills exhibited at the auditions.
- The applicants for Scottish Arts Scholarship, The College Of Wooster should be first-year students but not transfer students.
- The candidates applying for Scottish Arts Scholarship, The College Of Wooster can play pipes, dance or play drums.
- The students who want to play pipes should be prepared to play the sections 4/4 March Hornpipe and Jig, 2/4 March Strathspey and Reel, Slow March Piobaireachd (optional).
- The applicants for dance should prepare any two of Seann Triubhas, Lilt, Sword Dance and Strathspey & Reel (optional).
- The candidates applying for playing drums should perform Drum Setting for Traditional Tunes, A Drum Solo (optional), or Scottish Style Drum Rudiments (chosen by judges).
- The recipients of Scottish Arts Scholarship, The College Of Wooster should participate in the Scot Marching and Symphonic Bands and should complete private lessons on the instrument in which they won the scholarship.
Closing Date for Applications:
- The applicants must choose one dead line among the two mentioned deadlines
- November 1 with notification with no later than December 31.
- January 1 with notification by April 1.