Apply for the ongoing Siemens Internship for Strategic Student Program Software Development Cypress, California 2019 . See job descriptions, requirements and how to apply.
Division: Digital Factory
Business Unit: Product Lifecycle Management-PLM
Requisition Number: 235069
Primary Location: United States-California-Cypress
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: No
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
The Siemens Digital Factory Division offers a comprehensive portfolio of seamlessly integrated hardware, software and technology-based services in order to support manufacturing companies worldwide in enhancing the flexibility and efficiency of their manufacturing processes and reducing the time to market of their products.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/digital-factory.htm
Siemens PLM Software
Strategic Student Program (SSP)
Discover your career with us at Siemens PLM Software!
We are a leading global software company dedicated to the world of computer aided design, 3D modeling and simulation— helping innovative global manufacturers design better products, faster! With the resources of a large company, and the energy of a software start-up, we have fun together while creating a world class software portfolio. Our culture encourages creativity, welcomes fresh thinking and focuses on growth, so that our people, our business, and our customers can achieve their full potential.
We are currently recruiting interns for our summer 2019 Strategic Student Program. Our internship positions will allow you to find a career path that most inspires you. Here, you will apply your education to solve real-world problems, and turn theory into practice. At Siemens, our goal is to empower our students to become the next leaders of our company.
We have positions available at our Cypress, California office in software application engineering.
- Currently enrolled as an undergraduate or masters level student at one of our targeted universities
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- US citizen or green card holder
- Junior/Senior or first year masters student preferred
- Networking with our global leaders
- Paid volunteer time off
- Employee discounts at our top customer sites
- Mentorship from senior engineers
- Individual career development planning
- Professional and technical workshops
- Energetic student community
- Leadership opportunities
- Potential for full time offers after university graduation and completion of the program
- Victorious daily ping pong tournaments
Product Engineering Software (PES)
Testing Efficiency and Automation Team
You Will Have The Opportunity To Partner With Senior Engineers And Push The Limits On Our Project Teams To
As an intern in Product Engineering Softwar e (PES), you will be part of the Testing Efficiency and Automation team supporting our premier CAD software, NX. You may work on business critical projects in quality assurance, business analytics, testing of prototypes for new releases, developing automated tests, analyzing test results etc.
- Follow the various steps in the Software Development Lifecycle Process (SDLC)
- Develop tools and programs to assist in all aspects of quality assurance
- Collaborate with senior software developers in enhancing existing automation tools and programs
- Collaborate with lead application engineers and product definition team members to ensure successful project implementation through testing & validation
- Assist in maintaining our existing software product quality by testing and reporting software issues
- Work with customers to understand and improve our NX CAD software through customer test events and by studying customer reported issues
- Ensure maintaining the quality of our software by authoring automated tests that cover test workflows
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering, or a related field
- Sophomore or junior status preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Inclination for working on quality assurance projects, including testing and automation
- Passionate, driven, and proactive
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Effective organizational and time management skills
- Desire to continuously improve and learn about new areas
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Inspires collaboration
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
How to apply: Interested applicants should apply here.