The University of Waikato in New Zealand has provided its $10,000 Per Annum Sir Edmund Hillary Scholarships which is currently open for undergraduate of all nationalities to study for Bachelors degree in the field of all subjects available at the University for the year 2019.
You can apply for this program simply by reading through this page for full details on how to process your scholarship application.
The University of Waikato, informally Waikato University, is a comprehensive university in Hamilton, New Zealand, with a satellite campus located in Tauranga. Established in 1964, it was the first university in New Zealand to be designed from a blank canvas.
- Course Level: Bachelors Degree
- Scholarship can be taken in: University of Waikato
- Number of awards: Unspecified
- Nationality: For all nationalities
Field of Study:
All subjects available at the University of Waikato
- Please be inform that the successful applicants of the University of Waikato – Sir Edmund Hillary Scholarships in New Zealand, 2019 will receive:
- Up to NZ $10,000 per year.
- Academic support
- Leading coaches/tutors in your area of sports/arts
- Leadership skills and personal development coaching
- Applicants of Sir Edmund Hillary Scholarships should be completing their secondary school final year in the year prior to the scholarship year.
- Candidates taking a gap year in 2019 will also be considered provided they meet the eligibility criteria.
- Candidates must either be citizens or permanent residents of New Zealand or Australian citizens who will reside in New Zealand during their undergraduate program.
- Applicants should demonstrate potential and achievements till date to become successful in either sporting code or a creative or performing art.
- Applicants are required to exhibit a strong capability for leadership.
- Candidates applying for Sir Edmund Hillary Scholarships must have the following:
- obtained at least NCEA Level 3 with a Merit endorsement; and
- obtained University Entrance AND admission to the program of study; OR
- obtained by other means, like Cambridge International Examinations or the International Baccalaureate examination, a standard of academic achievement deemed by the University to be equivalent to above.
- A CV
- Personal statement in a maximum of two A4 pages describing how their achievements are related to the values of Sir Edmund Hillary
- A reference from an agency/person.
- Principal’s assessment form.
- An up-to-date copy of their NZQA School Results Summary.
Closing Date for Applications:
- Please note that the last date to apply for the University of Waikato – Sir Edmund Hillary Scholarships in New Zealand, 2019 is 31st August 2019.