The Tan Kah Kee Foundation has provided its S$7,000 – S$10,000 Tan Kah Kee Postgraduate Scholarships which is currently open for postgraduate citizens and permanent residents of Singapore to study for Masters, PhD degree in the field of Humanities offered by universities in Singapore and overseas for the year 2019.
You can apply for this program simply by reading through this page for full details on how to process your scholarship application.
In April 1968, the Tan Kah Kee Scholarship Trust Fund was established, starting to offer scholarship to students from the four institutions then. However, the small capital of the Fund has impeded the activities of the Trustees and has prevented them from participating in a more substantial manner towards the advancement of education.
As a result, in February 1982, the Tan Kah Kee Foundation was set up when it was granted Institution of Public Character status by the government and was allowed to raise an endowment fund of S$8 million. The mission of the Foundation is to carry on the charity works and to foster the Tan Kah Kee spirit in entrepreneurship and dedication to education.
Through these years, the Foundation has been actively engaged in the promotion of education and culture. Today, its influence has been extended beyond the Chinese Community in Singapore and has begun to reach out to the region.
- Course Level: Masters, PhD Degree
- Scholarship can be taken in: Universities in Singapore and Overseas
- Number of awards: Unspecified
- Nationality: For citizens and permanent residents of Singapore
Field of Study:
- Please be inform that the recipient of Postgraduate scholarship will get S$7,000 for local universities andS$10,000 for overseas universities.
- The scholarship is open to citizens and permanent residents of Singapore.
- Applicants should be working towards a full-time Master’s degree or Ph.D. in any discipline.
- Applicants who are applying for an MBA are not eligible.
- Applicants are selected based on their academic achievements, outstanding personal character, and bilingual capabilities.
Closing Date for Applications:
- Please note that the applications for Tan Kah Kee Postgraduate Scholarships, 2019 are accepted between 30th April and 30th May 2019.