The Queen Mary University of London (QMUL) has provided her £16,700 Per Annum UK-Intellectual Property PhD – Herchel Smith Scholarships which is currently open for students of all nationalities to study for PhD degree in the field of Intellectual Property Law offered by the university for the year 2019-20.
You can apply for this program simply by reading through this page for full details on how to process your scholarship application.
Queen Mary University of London (QMUL) is a public research university in London, England and a constituent college of the federal University of London. It dates back to the foundation of London Hospital Medical College in 1785. Queen Mary College, named after Mary of Teck, was admitted to the University of London in 1915 and in 1989 merged with Westfield College to form Queen Mary and Westfield College.
In 1995, Queen Mary and Westfield College merged with St Bartholomew’s Hospital Medical College and the London Hospital Medical College to form the School of Medicine and Dentistry.
- Course Level: PhD Degree
- Scholarship can be taken in: Queen Mary University of London (QMUL)
- Number of awards: Unspecified
- Nationality: For all nationalities
Field of Study:
Intellectual Property Law
- Please be inform that the award will include all tuition fees whether at the EU rate or the overseas rate.
- In supplementary, an award of around £16,700 per year will be paid to the beneficiary on a monthly basis throughout the year commencing from September 2019.
- The Herchel Smith PhD Scholarship Programme recognises and supports exceptional full-time students who show the potential to make an outstanding contribution to intellectual property law. This programme supports Ph.D. students in intellectual property law and those working at the intersection of intellectual property law and other areas of sciences and humanities.
- The award is for new applicants who will enroll at the start of the coming academic year, in September 2019. Therefore, current Ph.D. students who enrolled prior to September are not eligible to apply for the award.
- Please note that Ph.D. programmes are available September entry only. Applicants must fulfill the necessary academic requirements to be eligible for the programme (this includes graduating from their LLM course with the specified grade or higher). Therefore, students graduating in November 2019 can only start their studies in September 2019 and are not eligible for this award (unless they have previously graduated from an LLM degree taken earlier).
- It is therefore open to both the UK and non-EU applicants.
Closing Date for Applications:
- Please note that the last date to apply for Queen Mary University of London (QMUL) UK-Intellectual Property Ph.D. – Herchel Smith Scholarships is 3rd June 2019.