The Institute of Petroleum Studies (IPS) was established in 2003, as a bold effort to bridge the skills gap between theory of the classroom and practicals. See details on how to apply in this post.
The Institute of Petroleum Studies (IPS) was established in 2003, as a bold effort to bridge the skills gap between theory of the classroom and practical needs of the oil and gas industry in Nigeria. The M.Sc., Petroleum Engineering and Project Development, Programme is an International Collaborative Graduate Programme between IFP School, France and the University of Port Harcourt, Nigeria, run in IPS and sponsored by NNPC and TOTAL E & P Nigeria Limited Joint Venture. The Institute offers a conducive learning environment, full Internet access, virtual library and hands-on training with each student using a computer. Students use industry software, field case studies and undertake numerous field/laboratory visits. Students are encouraged to live and work together in our hostel, develop team spirit. The aim of this professional Master’s Degree Programme is to provide graduates with broad-based training required for onshore/ offshore oil and gas field development. The students will be taught jointly by lecturers from the University of Port Harcourt (UniPort); Nigeria, IFP School, France; and experts from the Nigerian petroleum industry and the Diaspora. IPS graduates have more than 95% chance of employment and internship in the oil and gas industry on graduation. Jamb Result
Admission is also open to suitably qualified candidates from the Sub-Sahara region of Africa.
DURATION: The duration of the programme shall be twelve (12) calendar months of intensive, full-time study. The Programme has no provision for break into sections/segment.
AWARD OF DEGREE: Successful students at the end of the programme shall receive a Masters’ Degree jointly awarded by the University of Port Harcourt, Nigeria and IFP School, France.
ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS: Candidates must possess a minimum of Bachelor’s Degree, Second Class Honours (Upper Division) in any branch of Engineering. Consideration may be given to Sponsored Company Staff with a minimum of 5 years relevant Upstream Petroleum experience with Second Class Honours Lower Division, but with CGPA of not less than 3.00 on a scale of 5.00. Limited spaces are available for holders of IPS Postgraduate Diploma, who meet admission and screening requirements. Pounds to Naira
METHOD OF APPLICATION:
Application is strictly online at www.ipsng.org/apply
A non-refundable fee of Twenty Thousand Naira (N20, 000) only will be required to be paid online to start the application procedure. UNIPORT M.Sc Petroleum Engineering & Project Development Admission Form
IMPORTANT DATES TO REMEMBER:
(Any change will be communicated by e-mail)
- Completed hard or e-copy Application Forms with credentials, must be returned to The Admissions Officer, Institute of Petroleum Studies, University of Port Harcourt, East West Road, PMB 2, UniPort Post Office, Choba, Port Harcourt, Rivers State, Nigeria, West Africa on or before Friday 24’h June, 2022.
- Aptitude Test — Thursday 7th July, 2022.
- Oral Interview Date in July, 2022 to be determined.
- Academic activities for the session will start in November 14th, 2022.
- Names of short-listed candidates will be displayed on the IPS Website. www.ipsng.org. They shall look for sponsorship as soon as they are admitted. Dollar to Naira Rate
- For enquires please call +234 9090624900 or email the Admissions Officer: email@example.com