Apply now as a University Human Resources Assistant Intern at Amazon – Seattle, WA. See job description, requirements and how to apply.
University Human Resources Assistant Intern at Amazon – Job Details
Company – Amazon.com Services, Inc.
Job ID: A750872
Job Level: Internship
Industry: Computer Software, Information Technology & Services, Internet.
Employment Type: Full-time
Job Functions: Human Resources, Information Technology.
University Human Resources Assistant Intern at Amazon – Job description
University Human Resources Assistant Intern Job Description
BY SUBMITTING AN APPLICATION TO THIS ROLE YOU WILL BE CONSIDERED FOR NATIONWIDE OPPORTUNITIES
This role is a 10 week internship starting in the summer of 2019.
Are you looking to become a leader in a global operation that has hundreds of leaders and thousands of employees? Would you like to promote and maintain positive employee relations for the associates and managers within our fulfillment centers? If you want to be involved in continuing to define the future of online retail, and are dynamic and an organized self-starter, join our team in Amazon Human Resources as a Human Resources Assistant Intern (HRA) —opportunities nationwide!
Amazon is looking for high-potential leaders, who are ready to own their impact in Amazon Operations as a Sr. Human Resources Intern (Sr. HRA Intern). We promise you will have your leadership capacity stretched to its full potential. As a front-line leader, you will have an opportunity to truly invest in others and develop a people-focused leadership style, while mastering the tools, processes, and operations that have created the most customer-centric company on Earth.
As an HRA Intern, you will have the opportunity to OWN YOUR IMPACT by working in all areas of HR with some areas of focus including: benefits and compensation issues, leave of absences, performance management, wage/hour issues, and assisting with recruitment and retention activities. As an integral part of the HR team, the Human Resources Assistant Intern (HRA intern) will support the Sr. Human Resource Assistant, HR Business Partner and Manager at the one of Amazon’s Fulfillment Centers. This position is a leadership pipeline to our Sr. HRA positions. Come learn how the largest online retailer in the world runs its fulfillment and delivery networks!
What is fulfillment you ask? Fulfillment is how we refer to completing or fulfilling a customer’s Amazon.com order and the acts of picking, packing, shipping and delivering their order to meet or exceed their expectations!
This job is not eligible for immigration sponsorship.
- Working towards a bachelor’s degree with a graduation date between December 2019-June 2020
- Ability work weekends, holidays, and/or overnight shifts
- Ability to work overtime both in peak season and as needed
Program Quick Facts & Locations:
- The position is NOT a corporate role and will be located in a Fulfillment Center, Sort Center, Delivery Station, or other warehouse environment
- Must be willing to relocate nationwide for the summer with relocation assistance (position location is most heavily weighted on business need but will also take into account individual location preference)
- Term: 10 weeks during the summer of 2019
- Competitive Salary, Relocation and Housing Assistance
- An offer for full time employment may be given after the internship
- Employee Relations: Promote positive employee relations through survey management, roundtable facilitation, employee recognition projects and systems
- Data Analytics: Produce and analyze reports to assist with labor planning and management. Utilize HRIS systems for data entry, modification, and reporting
- Compensation/Payroll: Ensure payroll accuracy through audits, reporting, and proactive measures.
- Compliance: Provide policy expertise to clients, manage site drug testing program, ensure pre and post-hire requirements are completed
- Performance Management: Assist client groups with weekly and yearly performance management systems and tools ensuring complete and timely delivery
Job Elements (to be performed with or without accommodation)
- Must be able to stand/walk for up to 10-12 hours
- Walking in/ around the warehouse with great frequency; many facilities are over a quarter mile in length
- Able to access all areas of building (ascending and descending ladders, stairs, gangways safely and without limitation)
- Regular bending, lifting, stretching and reaching both below the waist and above the head
- Lift and move totes up to 49 pounds each
- A driver’s license is strongly recommended due to the remote nature of many internship locations
- Currently working towards a bachelor’s degree with a graduation date between December 2019 and June 2020
- Working towards a degree in HR, HR Management, Labor Relations, or a related field.
- Experienced with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Access and Payroll Systems and/or HRIS.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality regarding payroll, benefits and employee issues as an employee in Human Resources
- Proven track record of taking ownership and driving results
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Organized and detail oriented. Accuracy is something you strive for.
- Ability to thrive in an ambiguous environment and when given a deadline, you know how to motivate yourself and meet it.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Woman / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation www.amazon.com/university-ops.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should click here to apply.