In this resources, we will look at the step-by-step guide on how to apply for Medicaid. Here you will also find the eligibility and documents required in Medicaid application.
Healthcare in the America isn’t cheap. That the the reason why the Government decided to subside health care plans by providing free or low-cost health coverage to millions of Americans. Beneficiaries include some low-income people, families and children, pregnant women, the elderly, and people with disabilities.
Medicaid is a social health care program for individuals and families with limited resources. The Health Insurance Association of America defines Medicaid as a “government insurance program for persons of all ages whose income and resources are insufficient to pay for health care”
Before we proceed, how do you know if you are eligible for medicaid? Let’s take a look at some medicaid eligibility requirements.
1. Financial Eligibility
In financial eligibility, participants are eligible for medicaid based on their Modified Adjusted Gross Income. There also many criteria to consider when using this methodology. Example, some states have expanded their Medicaid programs to cover all people below certain income levels.
You can click here to to find out if your state is expanding Medicaid and if you qualify based only on your income.
2. Non-Financial Eligibility
a. Be a Citizen of the United State
b. Be a non-Citizen with lawful permanent resident status.
c. In addition, some eligibility groups are limited by age, or by pregnancy or parenting status.
3. Medically Needy
States have the option to establish a “medically needy program” for individuals with significant health needs whose income is too high to otherwise qualify for Medicaid under other eligibility groups. Medically needy individuals can still become eligible by “spending down” the amount of income that is above a particular state’s medically needy income standard.
Documents Needed for Medicaid Application
Here are the 10 things you need for successful Medicaid application.
1. birth certificates or other proof of citizenship/alien status
2. Identity documents
3. Social Security cards, Social Security numbers or proof that you have made an application for a number from the Social Security Office
4. Two pieces of documentation to verify that you live in your current state (this may be utility bill)
5. Copies of all pay stubs for last month
6. Copies of all medical or life insurance policies
7. List of all cars, trucks, motorcycles, boats, etc. that you or anyone in your household own, including the year, make, model and vehicle identification number (VIN) for each item
8. Most recent bank statements
9. List of all real property you own
10. Current financial statements/award letters from other sources of income, such as Social Security, retirement benefits, pensions, veteran benefits and child support.
How to Apply for Medicaid Online – medicaid application form
Now, after knowing the eligibility criteria and the documents needed, the next step is the application process.
There are three ways to apply (one application works for Medicaid and Health Choice).
- Apply online at ePass.
- Apply in person at your county Division of Social Services (DSS) office. It helps to fill out as much of the application as possible ahead of time.
- Fill out a paper application and mail to or drop it off at your county DSS office.
That’s all on how to apply for Medicaid. If you have troubles doing this, you can contact Medical Assistance Operations Section on Phone: 919-855-4050, Fax: 919-715-8548.
Please share this valuable information.
Click here to apply for job vacancies in nigeria