Ireland Government offers a Postgraduate Scholarship scheme, which is aimed and establish as a multi-national initiative, fully funded by the Department of Education and Skills and adequately coordinated by the School Board and Council.
In the year 2018, the Ireland Government invested in over a total of 1,193 One Thousand, One Hundred and Ninety-Three Postgraduate Students, making up a total of over Five Thousand individual sponsored scholarships for those with excellent research awarded up to the year 2019.
Read Also: Procedures to getting scholarships
This Government of Ireland Postgraduate Scholarship scheme stands out in the Irish research landscape and steps over other channels or rooms for other funded postgraduate educational programme in the Irish Academic system.
However, coupled with this offer are:
1. The individual, Overall prestigious awards for excellent in-depth research done in the name of the scholarship applicant.
Read Also: What is your course of study
2. Applicants criteria for selection are objective selection procedure, using international, independent expert peer review scheme;
3. We offer full funding across all disciplines, from Archaeology study to Zoology Courses;
4. Our awards come for bottom-up, non-directed research, with the exception of those funded by the team, from our strategic funding partners across the board.
This programme provides exceptional students with the avenue to direct their own personal effort research at their early-career stage, working with guidance serving as a supervisor, in their chosen area of keen interest.
Pioneer proposals which address new and emerging fields of research or those with creative ideas, innovative approaches are warmly welcomed.
Read Also: Am a science student
Also, Proposals of an interdisciplinary nature are also encouraged as this is recognised as advanced and fundamental understanding is received by using the integrating information, techniques, tools and perspectives from two or more disciplines and as received by the supervisors.
The Ireland Postgraduate Scholarship scheme is highly competitive, hence applicants are left with an average success rate of maximum Eighteen Per cent (18%) over the last five years. Successful applicants who become admitted under the scheme are recognised as those demonstrating high world-class potential as the future potential research leaders in the quality of their ideas as showcased in the research materials to be submitted.
The Government of Ireland Scholarship Scheme Covers the under-listed aims and Benefits to scholars awarded this scholarship.
1. Annual stipend of a fixed Sixteen Thousand Euro (?16,000).
2. Partial annual contribution to other fees, including non-EU fees, to a tune of Five Thousand, Seven Hundred and Fifty Euro (?5,750) at a maximum.
Read Also: courses to study in university
3. Applicant is availed eligible direct research expenses to the tune of Two Thousand, Two Hundred and Fifty Euro (?2,250) annually.
Procedures for application of the Ireland Government Scholarship?
1. Potential applicants are advised to read carefully the prescribed 2020 Terms and Conditions to confirm their eligibility before they commence the application process.
2. Applicants must include the indicative versions of the applicant, supervisor and referee forms are provided for information purposes only. All participants applications and form to be created must be submitted using the online platform, as offline applications may or might not be considered.
Also, note that all the timings and information as per requirements indicated here are indicative and may be subject to prior change with notifications.
If couldn’t proffer a solid and candid answer to your enquiry in our preparation of this documents, you may wish to contact us through our research office with your proposed institution, this will avail us proper information and clarifications on your call enquiry(ies).
NOTE: We can be reached through our Research offices on any enquiries they are unable to clarify to the email: firstname.lastname@example.org.