The Wellcome Trust is offering her 2019 International Master’s Fellowships which is currently open to nationals of low and middle income countries to study for Masters degree in the field of Public Health and Tropical Medicine offered by Institutions in Low and Middle Income Countries.
You can apply for this program simply by reading through this page for full details on how to process your scholarship application.
The Wellcome Trust is a biomedical research charity based in London, United Kingdom. It was established in 1936 with legacies from the pharmaceutical magnate Sir Henry Wellcome to fund research to improve human and animal health.
The aim of the Trust is to “achieve extraordinary improvements in health by supporting the brightest minds”, and in addition to funding biomedical research it supports the public understanding of science. It has an endowment of around Â£18 billion.
The Trust has been described by the Financial Times as the United Kingdom’s largest provider of non-governmental funding for scientific research and one of the largest providers in the world. In the field of medical research, it is the world’s second-largest private funder after the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation
Also Read: USD 26,000 PON Graduate Research Fellowships for Applicants from All Nationalities in US at Harvard University, 2019-2020
- Course Level: Masters Degree
- Scholarship can be taken in: Institutions in low- and middle-income countries
- Number of awards: Unspecified
- Nationality: For nationals of low- and middle-income countries
Field of Study:
- Public Health and Tropical Medicine
- The recipient will receive GBP 120,000 which will cover:
- Studentship stipend
- Tuition and other fees.
- Research allowances.
- Applicants who are a national of a low- or middle-income country are eligible for the fellowship.
- He/She must hold a clinical or non-clinical undergraduate degree in a subject relevant to tropical medicine or public health.
- The applicant must be at an early stage in their career with limited research experience.
- Must have a demonstrated interest in research.
- He/She have sponsorship from a qualifying host organization in a low- or middle-income country.
- Candidate must have a research proposal that is within public health and tropical medicine remit.
Closing Date for Applications: