The Elizabeth Greenshields Foundation has provided her CAD $15,000 to CAD $18,000 Grant which is currently open for undergraduate and postgraduate students of all nationalities to study for Bachelors, Masters, PhD degree in the field of Arts (painting, drawing, sculpture or peintmaking) offered at any university/institution across the world for the year 2019.
You can apply for this program simply by reading through this page for full details on how to process your scholarship application.
The Elizabeth Greenshields Foundation was created in 1955 by Charles Glass Greenshields, Q.C., a distinguished Montreal lawyer, and amateur artist, in memory of his mother, Elizabeth. Mr. Greenshields considered discipline and serious training in the traditional means of artistic expression fundamental to the growth and development of the artist.
Through his involvement with the artistic community, he saw how difficult it was for artists to obtain the financial support required to pursue their training. His determination to help emerging artists prompted Greenshields to establish a foundation dedicated to contributing to the development of artists of genuine distinction in their particular fields.
- Course Level: Bachelors, Masters, PhD Degree
- Scholarship can be taken in: Any university/institution across the world
- Number of awards: Unspecified
- Nationality: For all nationalities
Field of Study:
Arts (painting, drawing, sculpture or peintmaking)
- Please be inform that the recipients of the Elizabeth Greenshields Foundation Grant get CAD $15,000 for the first grant and CAD $18,000 for the second grant.
- The applicants for the Elizabeth Greenshields Foundation Grant should be in the early or developmental stage of their career.
- The candidates should do painting, drawing, figurative style of engraving, and sculpture.
- The applicants should show that they will make a career in these areas.
- The candidates should be at least 18 years of age.
- The applicants who have already received the scholarship can apply for the second and third year after one year of their previous grant.
- The candidates whose application has been rejected can apply after two years.
- Those who work in the abstract or non-representational domain are not eligible.
- The applicants who are photographers, graphic designers, and illustrators, animation designers, cartoonists, artisans, filmmakers, videographers, or commercial artists are not eligible.
- The candidates applying for the Elizabeth Greenshields Foundation Grant should submit a portfolio containing six images of representative works which are original and be replicated on a USB or CD in the required format. Those who are reapplying should submit new images, not the ones submitted previously.
- The applicants should submit a description of the artistic project, identity proof, proof of acceptance from the university or institution where they intend to study or continue to study.
- The candidates should also submit artistic approach, budget, and a recommendation letter.
Closing Date for Applications:
- Please note that the recipients of the Elizabeth Greenshields Foundation Grant get CAD $15,000 for the first grant and CAD $18,000 for the second grant.