The Lionel Murphy Foundation has provided her $40,000 Lionel Murphy Endowment Scholarship which is currently open for Australian postgraduate citizens to study for Masters degree in the field of Science, Law and Legal Studies offered at any Australian or overseas tertiary institutions in Australia for the year 2019.
You can apply for this program simply by reading through this page for full details on how to process your scholarship application.
Lionel Murphy is one of the few judges of the High Court of Australia who has left his mark on the history of the country. He has argued with immense learning and great passion for trial by jury, the rights of the Aborigines, the liberties of the individual against the State, the Corporations and the Churches, and the rights of the Commonwealth against the States.
Lionel Murphy is a child of the Enlightenment. He has devoted his public life to the abolition of ignorance, superstition and tyranny. He belongs to the great tradition of those who believe human beings had the capacity to abolish every form of domination, of class over class, parent over child, man over woman, woman over man, of race over race, and spiritual bully over skeptics and agnostics.
- Course Level: Masters Degree
- Scholarship can be taken in: Any Australian or overseas tertiary Institutions
- Number of awards: Unspecified
- Nationality: For Australian citizens
Field of Study:
- Science, Law and Legal Studies
- Please be inform that the successful applicant of Australian National University Lionel Murphy Endowment Postgraduate Scholarship will receive up to $40,000 to fund their studies at Australian or any overseas tertiary institutions.
- Scholarships are open permanent residents of Australia.
- Applicants are required to hold an undergraduate degree or about to obtain in science, law or legal studies, or other relevant studies from an Australian tertiary institution.
- Interested Candidates must intend to pursue their postgraduate degree in science, law or legal studies, or other appropriate disciplines.
- If the applicants receive other forms funding, awards or scholarships will lead to the withdrawal of the Lionel Murphy Endowment Scholarship.
- Scholars are encouraged and expected to publish the results of their studies.
- Applicants must acknowledge the support of the Lionel Murphy Foundation Endowment in their publications.
- Completed Application form.
- Applicants are required to submit two reports of referees.
Closing Date for Applications:
- Please note that the last date to apply for Australian National University Lionel Murphy Endowment Postgraduate Scholarship is 30th November 2019.