The Government of China has provided its full funding Marine Scholarships which is currently open for non-Chinese postgraduate students to study for Masters, PhD degree in the field of ocean-related specialties offered by the Zhejiang University in China for the year 2019.
You can apply for this program simply by reading through this page for full details on how to process your scholarship application.
All power within the government of the People’s Republic of China is divided among several bodies: the legislative branch, the National People’s Congress. the executive branch, the State Council the judicial branch, the Supreme People’s Court and the Supreme People’s Procuratorate the military branch, People’s Liberation Army (PLA) via the Central Military Commission.
Most, but not all, positions of significant power in the state structure and in the military are occupied by members of the Communist Party of China which is controlled by the Politburo Standing Committee of the Communist Party of China, a group of 4 to 9 people who make all decisions of national significance. As the role of the military is to enforce these decisions, the support of the PLA is important in maintaining Party rule.
- Course Level: Masters, PhD Degree
- Scholarship can be taken in: Zhejiang University
- Number of awards: Unspecified
- Nationality: For non-Chinese students from a coastal/island country of South China Sea, the Indian Ocean, the Pacific and its surround island countries, or an African developing country
Field of Study:
- Please be inform that the Laboratory fees, fees for basic learning materials, registration fees, laboratory fees, tuition fees and accommodation on campus
- Living allowance: RMB 3,000/month for master’s students, and RMB 3,500/month for doctoral students
- Outpatient medical services
- Comprehensive Medical Insurance for Chinese Government Scholarship Students.
- Candidates applying for Marine Scholarship of China, 2019 must be non-Chinese nationals from a coastal/island country of the Pacific, the Indian Ocean, South China Sea, and its surround island countries, or an African developing country.
- Students must apply for a master’s or doctoral degree in oceanography or other related specialties in one of the participating Chinese Universities.
- Applicants who are currently involved in oceanographic and relevant sectors are given more priority.
- Candidates applying for Master’s degree must be aged less than 40 years while doctoral degree applicants must be under 45 years.
- The duration of Marine Scholarship of China, 2019 varies for Master’s degree (2-3 years) and Doctoral degree (3-4 years).
- Scholarship holders who choose the Chinese as their teaching language and request language training before their study will get training for a year and the scholarship funding gets extended by one year.
The applicants of Marine Scholarship of China, 2019 must submit the following documents in Chinese or English along with the application form:
- A copy of last degree certificate.
- Academic transcripts.
- Study or research plan.
- Two letters of recommendation.
- A copy of Foreigner Physical Examination Form.
Closing Date for Applications:
- Please note that the last date to apply for Zhejiang University – Marine Scholarships in China, 2019 is 31st March 2019.