The University of Basel in Switzerland has provided its 2019 Biozentrum PhD Fellowships which is currently open for international students to study for PhD degree in the field of Molecular Life Sciences offered by the university.
You can apply for this program simply by reading through this page for full details on how to process your scholarship application.
The University of Basel is located in Basel, Switzerland, and is considered to be one of the leading universities in the country. It was founded in 1460 and is the oldest university of Switzerland.
In 2016 the Dutch-based Leiden University Rankings placed the university 45th overall in the world. In 2012, the ARWU ranked the university as the 85th best worldwide, while at the same time it was ranked 96–98th worldwide according to the Russian-based Global University Ranking.
- Course Level: PhD Degree
- Scholarship can be taken in: University of Basel, Switzerland
- Number of awards: Unspecified
- Nationality: For International students
Field of Study:
Molecular Life Sciences
- Please be inform that the successful applicants of University of Basel – Biozentrum PhD Fellowships in Switzerland, 2019 will receive:
- An annual allowance to attend meetings, acquire books or a computer.
- An annual study trip to a city with ties to Siemens.
- A personal certificate of acceptance into the fellowship program.
- Financial support for travel to postdoctoral interviews at the end of the PhD thesis.
- The candidates should have applied for the Ph.D. program and should be anticipated to receive a university degree (MSc, Diploma etc.).
- In exceptional cases, outstanding students with a BSc degree (eg. USA, Canada, Singapore) are also eligible to apply to the fellowship program.
- They, however, will have to pass additional courses at the Biozentrum after acceptance.
- Sufficient IELTS or TOEFL score for applicable applicants.
- The candidates are asked to submit the electronic copies of the diploma/MSc degree with grades and transcripts in pdf formats.
- A detailed CV or scientific résumé in a maximum of one page should be submitted.
- The student is also expected to submit a description of research interests in general and one with a specific focus on a potential PhD thesis at the Biozentrum.
- Two referees should be mentioned with names and contact information preferably from the previous academic environment.
Closing Date for Applications:
- Please note that the last date to apply for the University of Basel – Biozentrum PhD Fellowships in Switzerland, 2019 is 15th June 2019.