The Henry Luce Foundation has provided its 2019 Luce Scholars Program which is currently open for US nationals to study for Training & Short courses degree in the field of Asian studies offered by institutions in selected East and Southeast Asian countries.
You can apply for this program simply by reading through this page for full details on how to process your scholarship application.
The Henry Luce Foundation was established in 1936 by Henry R. Luce, the co-founder and editor-in-chief of Time Inc., to honor his parents who were missionary educators in China. The Foundation builds upon the vision and values of four generations of the Luce family: broadening knowledge and encouraging the highest standards of service and leadership. A not-for-profit corporation, the Luce Foundation operates under the laws of the State of New York and aims to exemplify the best practices of responsible, effective philanthropy.
The Henry Luce Foundation seeks to bring important ideas to the center of American life, strengthen international understanding, and foster innovation and leadership in academic, policy, religious and art communities.
- Course Level: Training & Short courses Degree
- Scholarship can be taken in: Institutions in selected East and Southeast Asian countries
- Number of awards: Unspecified
- Nationality: For US nationals
Field of Study:
- Please be inform that the recipient of the Luce Scholars program will get a basic stipend, along with cost of living and housing allowance.
- US nationals are eligible to apply for the Luce Scholars program.
- Candidates must not have reached their 30th birthday by July 1st of the year they enter the program.
- Applicants must have secured at least a bachelor’s degree or expect to obtain the degree by July 1st of the year they enter the program.
- The applicant is expected to be medically fit for the program.
- Candidates who already have experience in Asia or Asian studies are not eligible for the program.
- Candidates must exhibit exceptional leadership skills.
- Applicants with a good academic record are preferred.
- Candidates must demonstrate keen interest towards their careers and potential for professional achievements.
- Applicants must submit a completed Luce Scholars Program Application.
- Candidates need to provide four letters of recommendations.
- Two passport size photographs must be submitted.
- Applicants are required to submit their academic transcripts.
Closing Date for Applications:
- Please note that the deadline for the sending your application is Deadline varies.
Methods of Applying
CLICK HERE TO VISIT THE OFFICIAL WEBSITE FOR DETAILED INFORMATION ON HOW TO APPLY FOR THIS SCHOLARSHIP ,
Also Read: Full Funding National Arts Council Arts Scholarships for Singapore’s Undergraduate and Postgraduate Applicants at Recognized Universities or Arts Institutions in Singapore or Overseas, 2019